UK 3.0 CS on eBay, is it anyone on here?

Obsession

Reaction score
It has Irish plates...But the inner wings look in good shape? but smoothed out without the filler panel present?

If its in the UK and you buy it.

Thanks to BrexS*it. You'll be in for a nice surprise.

I bought a 1975 Alfa Romeo Guilia 1300 Super Nuova. (The 4 door saloon version) the other week.

I bought it because it was owned by a friend in Holland who is restoring my cars (including my now sold E9 for the new owner) and it has excellent original sills and floors etc.

Much to my surprise. Having thought we had a trade agreement with the EU and the resultant chaos at the border.

I spoke to HMRC only to be told that, whereas importing a classic car from the EU was free before the 31st December.

We now follow the Australia style rules...ie not much verging on WTO due to the amount of paperwork involved.

So when my car lands. I will be paying 5% VAT and 10% duty on car and shipping costs. Adding £1000, or about 20% of the purchase price.

So. The seller may spin a yarn about just getting it registered by applying to the DVLA etc etc

If the car gets anywhere near its asking price. You'll be paying another £6000 for the privilege.

Proceed with caution.

I looked at it and thought. I was very tempted to bid.

But originally an Automatic looking at the pedal set up. (automatic cars always have the brake pedal alot closer to the throttle that a more evenly spaced 3 pedal set up.

I reckon. He's bought a job lot of cars from someone and is offloading them as fast as possible.

If the car is in the UK. perfect and has a UK V5.

If not. EXCERCISE EXTREME CAUTION.

ABZY

Reaction score
Looks a bit dodgy ...I recieved an email from ebay as I did contact seller. Hopefully no one lost deposit on it...

Attachments

• 20210118_171203.jpg
    20210118_171203.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 112

Obsession

Reaction score
Looks a bit dodgy ...I recieved an email from ebay as I did contact seller. Hopefully no one lost deposit on it...

You swerved that one!! I thought it didnt add up.

I hope no one parted with any monies.

I think we spoke some time ago about your green CSA?? Was it stripped to a shell and built back up again. I wanted to buy it, but alas. We weren't able to agree a price.

Hope your new E9 is going to be a keeper this time!!

Simufly

Reaction score
Yes very fishy.
The page has been deleted from eBay although it is still showing on the completed items page as being sold
E9A52175-E9CB-4C92-BD95-5C7DEF6A32D0.png

ABZY

Reaction score
You swerved that one!! I thought it didnt add up.

I hope no one parted with any monies.

I think we spoke some time ago about your green CSA?? Was it stripped to a shell and built back up again. I wanted to buy it, but alas. We weren't able to agree a price.

Hope your new E9 is going to be a keeper this time!!

I never intended to buy as too complete for me and have a few projects on go but was enquiring for a mate. I did think with 6 feedback never chance.