UK Classic car insurance

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a broker in the UK that offers a reputable service and will accept a BMW car club valuation (rather than insistance on their own process). I'm looking for a classic car - agreed mileage / value policy.

Many thanks

Tyler

Reaction score
I use Hagarty as well. I have an agreed value policy with them for my CSL. They were great to deal with, and only required several photos of my car and its garage to support the policy.

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Hi All,

A few years since any posting on this post...

Can anyone recommend a UK Insurer? I am looking to just get laid-up insurance for a 74 CSI. I have been quoted £200+ by Footman James for ''Market Value'' only (whatever that is for a complete resto currently being prepped for paint). They will only do an agreed valuation after it has been fully restored,

Thanks,
Chris

jpg10

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,

If it helps I've used a broker called performance direct (01708 925054) http://www.performancedirect.co.uk/ for my BMW for over 10years and have been happy with them. I suspect may premiums will need to increase in the near future due to rising E9 values but with restricted mileage I've paid roughly £150-200 pa for insurance.

I may have been able to get cheaper, but since I've been happy enough with them I've left it well alone as the price wasn't too outrageous and they've not slapped increases each year to the policy. That said it may be worth conversations at some point about brokers as you only get to find out how good or bad they are when the worst happens which is probably the worst time to find this out.

Cheers,

James

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Thanks James,

Iv been on the phone this morning to get quotes for 'Laid-up' Insurance agreed at £35K for my mid-restored car.

Footman James £200 year
Hagarty £105 year.

jpg10

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I can see their problem as mid restoration would still leave the amount of restoration costs to be taken into consideration to getting a fair value that you're both happy with. I must admit I don't know much about laid up insurance and may need to investigate more when work finally gets started on my car soon.

I know the area I live in is higher insurance wise and your normal annual premium may be less but the Hagarty quote doesn't look too bad and is just a bit more than a full tank in my daily driver.

J

cdavie2002

Reaction score
I'l definitely be getting it, iv had the car for 7+ years, now that i'm actually putting descent money into it, I should really have it insured!!

jpg10

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'l definitely be getting it, iv had the car for 7+ years, now that i'm actually putting descent money into it, I should really have it insured!!
I would - it's not worth the heart break if anything did go wrong after all the effort put in over time. Even when mine only did the miles go get it's MOT or when it was SORNed I always had it covered as I figured £100-150 was not worth quibbling about at the time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
‭01635 874646‬
A plan is the broker

Hagerty is the insurer

Sent them 7 photos and market valuation of the car and they agreed it.

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
I go straight to Hagerty for both limited mileage and also a laid up / restoration policy. They have always seemed very fair. There was a small glitch once so they played back the tape of our conversation and honoured the quote. I could not ask for more.
The price is in straight correlation to the value insured.

jpg10

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sounds like I'll have to give them a ring at the next renewal just to try them.

Good luck with the restoration

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

damienh

Reaction score
I use Adrian Flux, why should they be avoided out of curiosity ? Have never needed to claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk