uk historic MOT

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I heard about this !!!!

Am having my car mot checked every year for my own personal safety !!!

Simufly

Reaction score
Yes this has been talked about for the last year or so particularly in the classic motoring press. No real drama, if the car is well maintained there will be no problems. You CAN get it MOTed if thats what you want, but if we take a sensible safety first approach, (as I am confident we all do) then it will save a couple of hours and whatever MOTs cost nowdays

bmwpaul

Reaction score
Yes this has been talked about for the last year or so particularly in the classic motoring press. No real drama, if the car is well maintained there will be no problems. You CAN get it MOTed if thats what you want, but if we take a sensible safety first approach, (as I am confident we all do) then it will save a couple of hours and whatever MOTs cost nowdays
i knew they were discussing it but i didn't realize they had made a date.

E3_UK

Reaction score
If you own a 40+ year old car and either maintain it yourself or have it maintained by a good reputable garage there is no reason at all to still take it for an MOT. If a car is correctly maintained all potential MOT failure points will be picked up and resolved as a matter of course. To rely on an annual MOT to tell you that your old car is safe is madness. As always there will be idiots who flaunt the rules and run around in some old junk that shouldn't be on the road but then there is always someone bending the rules somewhere no matter what the situation. There are plenty of much newer cars running around in unsafe condition because the owners don't maintain them at all. I certainly won't be presenting any of my 40+ cars for MOT in future and won't feel any less safe as a result.