Ultimate 3 Car Dream Garage

Mike Goble

Reaction score
That's why I decided to only dream about older classics where there's no "rat race," and performance is second to historical significance.

Exactly the reason for my choices - cars I could actually work on and have had some effect on my life. I was born in a 1939 Packard, I worked with a guy who owned GT40 1012 and a Cheetah was my dream car in 1964.

shanon

Reaction score
my coupe
64 FordGT40 roadster#108 (for sale at the Quail this week)
64-66 Lamborghini 350/400GT

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tod
That is just plain weird. MGB GT? Really?
That's like me saying "1964 Ford Falcon wagon because that's what mom drove"

John
i actually really enjoyed my '73 bgt. always liked the way it looked and kind of the way it drove. yes, my next car ... a 2002 drove much better. i have seen a few come up on BAT, (even a MGC GT) and thought for about 30 seconds of getting one again. but it wouldn't be on my list of must have again cars ... unless it was a very long list ... and i had a lot of money and plenty of storage space.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ferrari 250 GTO The sound......oooh the sound
Maserati 450s The sound......oooh the sound
Maserati 250 F The sound......oooh the sound

Covers V12, V8, straight 6. All are exquisite, ridiculously expensive, absurdly impractical and not for wallflowers.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We are dreaming here, and my dreams don't have financial limitations:

Any GT40... but if you've ever heard the roar of a 427 side-oiler, then it must be a MK II in Gulf livery :)
maxresdefault.jpg

Gotta have a screaming V12 in here... Ferrari 250 GTO will fit nicely. Great video here

maxresdefault.jpg

an everyday car? ....hmmmmm, that is kinda contradictory to a "dream" but either a 2002 Roundie with strongly-built S14, M3 engine, or an early e9 with a hot 6 under the hood.

dc61dc1da62a2232c363b92919ed6bfe--euro-auto-bmw-.jpg

nah... screw that... the Calder, wide body e9 :)

PeterAylward_Calder_CSL_2015_12.jpg

Dream big, friends...

Ed Z

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, that isn't a mk ii. the mk ii had a high intake scoop where the hole is ... and didn't have the expressed curve on the rear wheel well. i believe its a mk i.
the mk iii had similar lines as the mk i except the lights and hood were much different.

Ford-GT40-Mk-II_45.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, that isn't a mk ii.

... blast... I couldn't find a Gulf livery MKII on Google, you are dead correct, though.

I looked harder... :)

ford-gt40-mkii-endurance-racing-car-in-gulf-oil-colours-g3n69d.jpg

There's a fellow here in the Austin area who drives a black one to the monthly Oasis Cars and Coffee events. One morning he was passing me on the way to the event and jumped all into it... what a glorious roar... He happily revs it up before he leaves the event, much to the sad faces of Lambo owners who wish their cars sounded so impressive :)

Go to the 30 second mark of this video

Ed

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Without a doubt the GT 40 sounds the best, there were three of them out at the track last Sunday and one of them sounded much angrier than the other two, but you should have seen the old dudes trying to get in and out of them, priceless....

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
in austin, you might want to check if its a real gt40 or if its a superformance continuation. jeff mosing sells superformance cars in austin (mosing motorcars) ... he's the little brother of a couple of brothers i knew growing up in louisiana.

... blast... I couldn't find a Gulf livery MKII on Google, you are dead correct, though.

I looked harder... :)

ford-gt40-mkii-endurance-racing-car-in-gulf-oil-colours-g3n69d.jpg

There's a fellow here in the Austin area who drives a black one to the monthly Oasis Cars and Coffee events. One morning he was passing me on the way to the event and jumped all into it... what a glorious roar... He happily revs it up before he leaves the event, much to the sad faces of Lambo owners who wish their cars sounded so impressive :)

Go to the 30 second mark of this video

Ed

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I used to have a bunch of pictures of that GT, I can't locate them now... I can not say for certain if this Austin car is real, or a repro, it appears to be original, though. It has the proper engine and "Experimental" stickers on the valve cover (all of which can be reproduced, obviously) I'll try to flag him down the next time I go.

Here's a great pic I sniped from FAQ last year. This was a parade lap at a track I can't remember the name of... up in the PacNW. Good stuff of Paul's Tii chasing a MKII

Pauls car and GT40.jpg

Ed

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I used to have a bunch of pictures of that GT, I can't locate them now... I can not say for certain if this Austin car is real, or a repro, it appears to be original, though. It has the proper engine and "Experimental" stickers on the valve cover (all of which can be reproduced, obviously) I'll try to flag him down the next time I go.

Here's a great pic I sniped from FAQ last year. This was a parade lap at a track I can't remember the name of... up in the PacNW. Good stuff of Paul's Tii chasing a MKII

View attachment 29797

Ed

Pretty sure that was at the Historic Races at PIR (Portland International Raceway).