Catbert
New Member
"Let there be light!"
When I buy a new house one of the first things I do is install a whole house water filter and an under-sink water filter in the kitchen. The kitchen filter affords double-filtered drinking water.
When I buy a new (read new "old") car, the second thing I do besides changing all of the fluids is to install upgraded headlights. This usually entails swapping a halogen bulb for an LED bulb. Even though my 1975 CSi is still in transit, I am already buying things for it. Yeah, I'm always anxious to make improvements both mechanical and cosmetic. I will look silly if my new car already has upgraded headlights, even though that isn't likely.
Research indicates the E9 uses 5 3/4" headlights. So, I went ahead and purchased two lamps each for the hi-lo main lights and the hi-beams. I went with Hella, a trusted quality lamp and likely what is OEM for the car. I bought two H4 hi/low beam lamps and two H1 hi beam lamps. For the main headlights, I purchased Auxito LEDs. I am really impressed with the build quality. At $36 for the pair, it's a real bargain! Quality LED bulbs have really dropped in price like all LED lighting. I will post pics when this little project is completed.
When I buy a new house one of the first things I do is install a whole house water filter and an under-sink water filter in the kitchen. The kitchen filter affords double-filtered drinking water.
When I buy a new (read new "old") car, the second thing I do besides changing all of the fluids is to install upgraded headlights. This usually entails swapping a halogen bulb for an LED bulb. Even though my 1975 CSi is still in transit, I am already buying things for it. Yeah, I'm always anxious to make improvements both mechanical and cosmetic. I will look silly if my new car already has upgraded headlights, even though that isn't likely.
Research indicates the E9 uses 5 3/4" headlights. So, I went ahead and purchased two lamps each for the hi-lo main lights and the hi-beams. I went with Hella, a trusted quality lamp and likely what is OEM for the car. I bought two H4 hi/low beam lamps and two H1 hi beam lamps. For the main headlights, I purchased Auxito LEDs. I am really impressed with the build quality. At $36 for the pair, it's a real bargain! Quality LED bulbs have really dropped in price like all LED lighting. I will post pics when this little project is completed.