UPS shipping delays from Walloth

Yikes, looks like my package is in Louisville KY which means I should get it in a day or so.
I did get an email just yesterday from WN (I'm sure others got them as well) saying they will contact UPS yet again to get the package out of Koeln. So maybe they had an impact.

So here is UPS expedited shipping from Germany.
Shipped 1/31
Cleared customs and on its way 2/2
Emails from UPS - delays in transit 2/3...................2/20 stuck in Koeln
Import scan Louisville 02/21

Hope others waiting will finally get their packages.

Certainly when we order stuff the expected timely shipping is a major factor in choosing the vendor. In our case we are at the end of accumulating items for our 2800cs having ordered lots of parts in the past few years from WN. So lets hope this is indeed just a blip.

jjs2800cs

Items I bought recently cleared Customs in the US, is there another Customs clearance at point of origination? And both had to wait for me to pay customs duty through UPS or FedEx as they were over $1200.

Well, I'm glad some of you are lucky. Not me. Sigh.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 10.52.25 AM.png

Items I bought recently cleared Customs in the US, is there another Customs clearance at point of origination? And both had to wait for me to pay customs duty through UPS or FedEx as they were over $1200.
On my last WN order, UPS sent me a bill for and additional $12 for customs charges. Then, a couple of weeks ago I received a check from UPS in the amount of $12 for overpaid customs charges. o_O

I got nailed for an order over 1200.00. Is this the magic number? The charge exceeded W&N shipping charges so I would have been better off making 2 orders over one large one.

I am starting to gather parts for the rear sub-frame and rear axle refurbishment that I am planning for next winter ('22-'23). I decided to order sub-frame parts from W&N and was prepared for a long wait, which wouldn't have been a problem given I don't need the parts right away. ordered on 2/26 and arrived today 3/7!

And now I get the dreaded UPS "exception shipping delay" notice 2x a day despite me paying $40 in duties to clear customs and them saying it was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, which I believe their delivery date schedule is BS from the get go.

I haven't ordered anything very recently, but have always been amazed that my WN orders arrive in 3 or 4 days. It is freakish. I'll consider myself lucky!

I hope your parts arrive soon.

Last edited:
Back