USPS issues

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
For the record. Package from Germany shipped DHL 2/7//21 delivered today 4/14//21 by USPS.
DHL tracking still shows no movement since 2/9
Illustrative of something, I’m just not sure what...
6A2A50F9-58B5-4495-807C-814374DDDED8.jpeg

Last edited:

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
That gives me some hope...mine is CY 287 020 770 DE, about a week earlier.

I had the German shipper initiate a search with DHL as USPS told me that was the beginning of the process to find my package.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That gives me some hope...mine is CY 287 020 770 DE, about a week earlier.

I had the German shipper initiate a search with DHL as USPS told me that was the beginning of the process to find my package.

I’m hopeful! All signs point to a long delay with ultimate arrival

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am still waiting for a small package from the UK, mailed on Dec. 20th. I had a some coupe parts from our friend in Colombia that took quite a while, Alvaro even reached out to the USPS.

For me the problems seem to all be USPS, no other issues with DHL, UPS or FedEx.
So, I contacted USPS to open a case as the item I purchased (actually from Germany) still had not arrived and was bouncing between Philadelphia, Wilmington Delaware, and Jersey City, NJ). The USPS opened a case and within a few days informed me it was resolved. Good for them...but...item never delivered still. The eBay purchase is now so old the tracking number has been deleted. I guess if it is ever delivered it will be a happy surprise.

Separate matter, our taxes are done by a private firm just outside Philadelphia. They mailed the packet on March 30 and it arrived on April 28. It took a month to travel 12 miles.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
My package arrived today! A little over 3 months.

I did inquire with USPS and that seemed to help.

It’s a replica Recaro bucket that will be the passenger seat in my 911, which I happened to paint today!

6E05A3AF-7662-42E2-8781-E85DCAC04ADC.jpeg
180A75EB-3E64-40F4-A234-CD23BFE4C82D.jpeg

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am still waiting for a small package from the UK, mailed on Dec. 20th. I had a some coupe parts from our friend in Colombia that took quite a while, Alvaro even reached out to the USPS.

For me the problems seem to all be USPS, no other issues with DHL, UPS or FedEx.
I am amazed. The package from Germany (not UK as I had originally thought) arrived today! Mailed in Germany on December 20 in my mailbox on June 1! The USPS is clearly a mess...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that USPS shipping to Australia has doubled. I used to be able to ship < 4lbs in a small box for $23. Now it is over $40.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
There have been some reports of DHL notifying customers they must pay added fees to get their shipment. They state that these fees are customs duty when they are really basically to cover them filling out the customs forms which a customer can do themselves, if they take the time and trouble to do it. Here's an article.