USPS issues

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
My package from Germany took three months and tracking was not available from DHL at all.

Crazy! My biological shipping clock must have been running. One box showed up this afternoon.

Period Britax 3 point harnesses. Needed new logos, which came from the UK in under 7 days. Need to rub some dirt on the eye piercing logos. I may have @bluedevils make me some new webbing. Either way - safer than a motorcycle! :D

7B8DDCAA-5E86-46F1-87A2-F8EB90AEB0FA.jpeg

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yep. Looks like I’m in the same boat. (A really slow boat) Been waiting a month for rear trim piece I purchased on eBay out of Germany. (below). Tracking hasn’t been updated since 2/9/21. Same on the DHL site. I guess it will show up eventually.

5A84A048-8B9D-4FF5-92BD-E00B3CA27ADA.jpeg

Status of this evening:

05224436-FA11-45BA-988D-0B7554C127EC.png

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Bel-Metric USPS package that was supposed to arrive yesterday still shows it will arrive ----------- yesterday!

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sent a registered first class 9X12 Tyvek envleope to an address <25 miles away from the US Post Office where I mailed it on 2/26. It was sent to a distribution center 20 miles away and about 45 miles from the address and arrived there 2/27. Sent to another distribution center about 20 miles from the first one and 25 miles from the address, it arrived at that Dist Ctr on 2/27 evening. As of today 3/9, it is still located SOMEWHERE within that second Dist Ctr. Tax forms going to a CPA - not happy!!!!

Gary

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
i have used USPS as when parcels arrive in the US our postal service hands them to USPS
it worked very well for years, until it started going wrong
Now i only use UPS, not as cheap as postal service, but always a success story

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Six days in Atlanta. I filed a complaint with USPS and saw on the tracking information that it was being moved again to - Atlanta.
Might get it next week.

UPDATE: It was supposed to be delivered 3/13 and FINALLY arrived 3/14.

Last edited:

Mpower5266

Reaction score
Sold a watch on ebay Feb 3, its lost somewhere in Chicago and the buyer is requesting a refund. I have filed 5 trackers with USPS, daily customer service complaints, and a lost mail claim. I am still getting election mail from November 3 times a week. They are useless.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am still waiting for an item I purchased on Ebay on 12/20. Not in a rush, and I guess that is a good thing...
Sold a watch on ebay Feb 3, its lost somewhere in Chicago and the buyer is requesting a refund. I have filed 5 trackers with USPS, daily customer service complaints, and a lost mail claim. I am still getting election mail from November 3 times a week. They are useless.

A buyer can can request a refund on an item that has not been received if the buyer requests a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. Once a refund has been requested, the seller has to provide a replacement item or a refund.within 3 days.

Mpower5266

Reaction score
A buyer can can request a refund on an item that has not been received if the buyer requests a refund within 30 days of the estimated delivery date. Once a refund has been requested, the seller has to provide a replacement item or a refund.within 3 days.

Yeah, which sucks for me since I did everything right and USPS lost the package.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah, which sucks for me since I did everything right and USPS lost the package.
I was on both ends of USPS/eBay problems in the last 4 months.

I was a buyer of an item that didn't arrive within 30 days of the due date. I asked the seller for a refund, he quickly provided it. The package showed up a month later. I repaid the seller for the item and shipping.

I was a seller of an item that didn't arrive within 30 days of the due date. The buyer asked for a refund, I provided it. The package showed up 6 weeks later, the buyer repaid for the item and shipping.

Hopefully the same happens for you.

Last edited:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I blame it all on Trump and his last USPS Commissioner. Seriously.

Here's a wiki article with what appears to be the whole story...

The USPS had the opportunity when the internet was catching fire to be THE go to service for home delivery of items bought over the internet. The USPS goes to every home everyday anyway. As UPS, FedEX and others put in equipment, systems and processes to do what USPS should have done, and as written correspondence and bill payment went electronic, USPS was hanging its hat on grandma's letters and throw away advertisements for revenue.

Sad to see.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just bought something from the Czech Republic, will be interesting to compare if any differences in time.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dick, actually the "blame" goes all the way to Nixon who privatized the PO. Like privatizing prisons and municipal water systems and Blackwater mercenaries in Iraq, and I could go on and on, it eventually turns out to be a bad idea that gets worse.