UUC aftermarket shifter parts

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy all & happy hoilidays!

Curious if any of you have any experience with the UUC shifter product in your E9s? I'm looking to eliminate the 'slop' from my dog-leg 5spd and am curious if the pre-85 6-series unit is the one to order (think so). Also they offer a DSSR (Dbl Shear Selector Rod) that appears to eliminate the 'slop' too leaving the stock shifter/knob in (my preference) and is also a third the $$.

Any feedback appreciated.

-shanon
'70 2800cs

corsachili

Reaction score
I have both the Ultimate Short Shifter and Dual-Shear selector rod installed in the CSL and while they are not inexpensive, they are beautifully constructed and deliver as promised. Together the pieces cost over $400 if memory serves, but every time I make a shift I smile. In my opinion, a car as special as an E9 deserves such beautiful components.

There's a few pictures of the parts during the install here:

http://www.cowpokeracing.com/ali/ali17.html

It's been three months since I last laid my eyes or grubby little mitts on my beloved CSL. Next weekend Chel and the dogs and I head north to Los Gatos for the Christmas holiday and I'm very much looking forward to the coupe reunion. I hope the weather is dry enough at least one day so I can take her out for a good thrashing.

We love it here in Santa Monica, but we have no motorcycles, no CSL, and no garage in which to tinker. I haven't bloodied a knuckle on a rusty exhaust manifold stud in months. My mechanical mania has been replaced by a daily dawn patrol at Bay Street before the office and dreams of head high waves made glassy by light offshores. For those of you that have every surfed Santa Cruz, the surfers here are so cute in their hoodies, booties, and 5 mil wetsuits. It's December and the water is still 60 degrees. They don't know what cold is.

Happy Holidays all!