UUC short shifter

kfrito789

Reaction score
The final piece needed in my 5-speed conversion is the shifter. I have a UUC shifter in my M635 and like it alot. When I called UUC, the shifter part # was easy, (USSD5). They didn't know which DSSR kit would work because of shift rod length. I'm using a 265 from a 1981 528i. Anyone who has done this able to supply the proper Part# for the DSSR? Or, have most of you simply used the shifter only and used the factory rod.

Thanks

shanon

Reaction score
Hi Keith,

Try searching this board for the answer, there has been UUC/DSSR threads in the past. That's how if figured out my set-up and yep, love it!

IIRC, I 'think' all the E9/M30/5spds share the same set-ups (link lengths).

HTH
-shanon

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is another alternative. On my 81 635, with the sheet metal shifter platform, I simply cut the bottom off the gear shift and extended it 5/8". This was an average of the different length Z3 shifters available. Many people with six series, just use a z3 shifter. Only thing you have to look out for is that the shifter does not hit on the guibo. There are 4 or 5 various length z3 shifters. If you go to the E24 forum on roadfly, you will see this exact issue is addressed along with photos and part numbers of the various length shifters.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Groupe, TJ's website provided the answer;

Shifter is a USSE5 (early)
Rod DSSR147(147mm)

So you get this:

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/evo3...28e-535iis-e30-m3-e28-m5-e24-6-series-p4.aspx

and choose the DSSR147 option?

Curious, if I order, they have this as a special:

pencil.gif
FREE SS CLUTCH LINE W/SHIFTER PURCHASE
PLEASE SPECIFY YEAR/MODEL IN NOTES

Which SS clutch line/hose would be compatible w/an E9 since they don't list it and of course, no Getrag 265 came on an E9. E12 maybe?

Last edited: