Very Pretty 1972 3.0CS

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Advertised on CL in LA but in Florida, also on eBay. No panel between tail lights, skinny pseudo CSL side stripes, no decal behind side grilles, scruffy engine bay, was for sale three years ago in Camarillo CA. Pictures look nice, if solid everything else is fixable.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No, sorry I don't. It's because I have input hundreds of VINs into our Registry and I looked that one up. You still need to put yours in the Registry though!

:)

jmackro

Reaction score
I don't have the panel between my tail lights either, I just think it looks nicer without it, I find it a bit too "blingey" Each too there own I guess

I definitely agree with "Each to there own". My own coupe has the F & R side marker lights deleted, black vertical grille slats, no interior radio grille, .... So I can't argue for purity.

However, I doubt the guy who created the front end of this coupe was worried about "too much bling" !

00l0l_7TR8e8Rie3Z_300x300.jpg

Hey, how about that "Bravaria" that pops up, along with coupe, when you click on the CL URL that nobrakese28 posted?

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those wheels look like 16" to me.
To each their own. My coupe is pretty-much a stock looking CS but if you wanted the CSL look this would be a great place to start and be almost done.
I would keep just about everything the way it is and make the following changes.
1. Tricolor CSL stripe
2. Change interior to red,of course
3. Add the aluminum piece behind the license plate
4. Add the black behind the side gills

TodB

Reaction score
I believe those are 17s (style 5s?). Too much wheel for me on a coupe.

Now that I've seen a few pictures with the with the aluminum piece removed between the rear lights on different coupes, I think I like the look. A bit cleaner.

The rest of this car appears to be great though I'd probably remove the stripes.

Worth a look (Phil??).

12doplumbing

Reaction score
I have 16s, so these are definitely larger. Style 5s, 17" -- like on my 635.
I think I'm taking off that piece behind the rear license plate now...
But 42k? I think the interior is just barely better than mine; you can see some flaking veneer and pretty tired paneling... And I suspect that lower black paint on the bottom of the doors, fenders and quarters was a quick pre-sale solution to bubbling paint in this area? Am I a skeptic?
1. Don't like front csl valance/faring
2. Big spot/fog lights look good on 70s 911s and new Minis
3. Love the color, but the striping is like putting the M stickers on a non M; "Clone" they say? I already know I'm a wannabe, wearing a name tag is too much penance
4. I want a passenger side mirror now...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 143

shanon

Reaction score
Shouldn't there be a chrome strip on the lower rocker cover?

Not sure if that was for all years.