Vintage at the Vineyards

jhjacobs

Reaction score
It's getting close to time for the 2008 V@V event. I've got Amélie out and we're getting ready! New Yellow Top Optima battery, new 80amp alternator with internal regulator, hidden audio system with iPod interface, all door trim and install with new wood veneer, new carpets & mats, all electricals working except for random wiper turn on. The only things left are hood insulation, spare tire well, trunk trim, and new shocks, springs, and sway bars (these will likely wait).

Hope to see lots of y'all there!

23f748eb882fe8a5c4b5211f19a7ce2a.jpg

9021c1ce5d4817fc018f9394b36e328b.jpg

A special thanks to Orangener for the totally rad Oesterreich badge!

texcarguy

Reaction score
Vintage at Vinyards

Beautiful car. We're all set here in Texas to launch off in that direction week after next. I have iPod input also, to my high-tech sounds system. It's called a Becker and made in 1972! See ya there!
url]

C

captain dig me

we got a convoy headin' up that thur. from ATL. if I can get Humpty Dumpty back together again!!! I'd get there erley, it's gonna be a mad house!!

CDM

Orangener

Reaction score
jhjacobs said:
A special thanks to Orangener for the totally rad Oesterreich badge!

Es ist mir eine Freude zu sehen, wie gut es auf deine Amelie passt!
Und es macht mich als Österreicher besonders stolz!
It´s been a pleasure to see it on your Amelie, and i´m proud !
And to hear from you too, i think your new job is the reason :wink:
Have fun JJ !

psychrunner

Reaction score
John,
Good to see your post re: Vintage. When are you heading down that way? I am planning on leaving Friday A.M. Is there still a caravan heading from your area? I am having a little additonal work done to the engine. New 9 blade fan and clutch assembley, waterpump and thermostat, as well as taking a look at the radiator with possible recor. It seems the resto shop missed these things.
Randy

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Randy - sounds like some smart upgrades!

I was thinking about leaving Friday as well. I need to drop my daughter at school and I might want to close out a few morning business issues and hit the road by 10am or so. However, I am flexible.

Where are you staying? I haven't made any reservations yet. I also don't have a convoy from DC. There was a fellow from Frederick who expressed interest in heading down with me but I don't recall his name or alias.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Mid atlantic caravan to V@V

Randy and John, I am going to V@V (in my 635) with a group from the mid-Atlantic area. We'll be leaving Friday AM traveling out I66 to US29 then take that all the way to NC. This caravan actually starts in the Philly area, comes down through MD on I95 and then out I66 to US29. See below.
Contact is: Matthew Cervi [[email protected]] for anyone else who is interested.

Here is an excerpt about recent planning:
The basic plan is to take Rt. 29 through Virginia, avoiding the I-95 corridor as much as possible. It gets slow in Charlottesville, but is otherwise a fairly easy drive.

For anyone coming from north of Maryland, I propose meeting at the rest area on I-95 just south of exit 38 between Baltimore and Washington. We met there a couple years ago. I recommend getting gas in Baltimore or just north of it because there isn't anything convenient between Baltimore and the next stop.

Last year we met up with the northern VA/DC folks somewhere on 29/15...I think it was around Warrenton? Maybe someone can suggest a specific meeting place, preferably near a gas station and bathroom.

From there, our next stop is Madison, VA where we meet up with Bill Williams and a couple people caravaning with him. Since it will be around noon and there is a McDonalds there I think it would be a good time to eat lunch and gas up.

After that we'll head through Charlottesville. If we're picking up anyone there I suggest south of town because last year we got separated going through all the lights and that would help us join up again.

Here is the time frame for the trip. I tried to build in decent stop times because in the past they've taken longer than we anticipated. For the people coming from north of Maryland, is it possible to get an earlier start (even 15 minutes)? We're getting into W-S fairly late.

Arrive Depart
Rest area south of exit 38 in MD (I-95) 9:00am 9:15am
Warrenton, VA 10:35am 10:50am
Madison, VA - lunch 11:50am 12:30pm
Charlottesville, VA 1:10pm 1:20pm
Winston-Salem / Kernersville 5:15pm

maw8c

Reaction score
Vineyards

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the rundown on the trip. I'm definitely in and actually will be in Charlottesville that morning. I'd love to meet up with the caravan there.

Car looking great. Nice work.

Best,

Mark

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
V @ V

I'm attending the above and really looking forward to meeting several of you that I have become acquanted with on this boardare--

It's been years since visiting that part of our land--wish I could drive the BLUMAX cross country to display the old boy--now with 409,000 happy miles, still complete down to virtually every correct screw--although considerably more robust than when new.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wish I could be there, maybe next year.

Oh, what about Oktoberfest?

f94b42e0a170c8d11cc737d8e20f6894.jpg