Vintage map lights

atan888

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just want to let everyone know I AM BACK =) I managed to mail everything out today and you should get it in the next 4 business day due to the Holiday. Everyone who wish to pick up thier orders please feel free to pm me. I am located in Burlingame Ca.

Thanks
Alvin

atan888

Reaction score
Reminder for all the plug in models:

Make sure to press the side contact before plug in. If you force it in it will damage the side contacts.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Arrived yesterday...
Side contact 'push in' works fine.

Again - Thanks...!!!!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Picked up mine and it really transports me in time.

All I need now is a set of period correct maps to read. Something showing two Germanys for example, and a big mother Russia to the right.

Working on a Blaupunkt Arde, an old radio so period correct that it emits old news. Any interest?

D B Couper

Reaction score
Got mine, too. It is a cool period accessory and actually is pretty functional as a map reading device. Now I just need to plan another 1,000 mile mountain tour for summer. Now she's sleeping or hibernating...I never can tell the difference. Thanks Alvin!

OZCSi

Reaction score
Amazing

Well done to you guys,ATAN and the e9coupe site. I didnt get one of these lamps and that is all fine, but the way in which the whole exercise has been conducted has just been astonishing and so refreshing. I thought about it a lot, and it was a real gentlemens arrangement in the true sense of the word.

I think this site should be very proud of things like this.

OZ

shanon

Reaction score
Where did you put 'em?

Ok fellas,

This post is directed to those that got the hardwired unit, I've seen couple of pics on the Net in my wanderings and am curious where/how ya'll mounted them..

I'll take some pics of where I put mine shortly (still raining here, sheesh!) and post.

Works great, nice quality of lite, and the arm is very 'positionable'.
Thanks again Alvin, hope you're fan got fix easily.

-shanon

atan888

Reaction score
Thanks Shanon fan is fixed =) Also if anyone is interested I have 1 extra plug and 1 extra mount light available.

Thanks
Alvin

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Working on a Blaupunkt Arde, an old radio so period correct that it emits old news. Any interest?

As silly as that might 'sound' to some I think interest is in the house and adding period music might also be possible...and that it's one of the best (creative) ideas I have heard on the forum here for some very long time.

I also strongly feel that Arde is the chap for the task, given his contribution to the world of computers that can actually stream audio while in motion through a wireless connection with satellite repeaters...just like cross-country truckers watch Jay Leno live in the back of their sleeper-cabs somewhere in Dorothy Kansas at 11:30pm local time.

Are you taking financial support for the project, Steve (cuz I am all in!) or is it a pipe dream that I can take over myself and make you wish you had?

:mrgreen:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As silly as that might 'sound' to some I think interest is in the house and adding period music might also be possible...and that it's one of the best (creative) ideas I have heard on the forum here for some very long time.

I also strongly feel that Arde is the chap for the task, given his contribution to the world of computers that can actually stream audio while in motion through a wireless connection with satellite repeaters...just like cross-country truckers watch Jay Leno live in the back of their sleeper-cabs somewhere in Dorothy Kansas at 11:30pm local time.

Are you taking financial support for the project, Steve (cuz I am all in!) or is it a pipe dream that I can take over myself and make you wish you had?

Thanks Ran, I knew that in spite of superficial disagreements, we may epitomize the old wisdom that every Pitney needs a Bowes. Now that I am done releasing the iPAD I could turn my attention to the iPunkt, the radio that really transports you in time with its sounds, not just looks.

The idea of period correct content does not require fancy transmission schemes by decrepit DJs, but rather exploits the fact that if the content is old it does not need to be transmitted, it can be stored. Yep, flash memory, just like in iPODs.

And Orangener proved that if we build it they will come.

Your turn Woz.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
There just seemed to be so many radio DJ's out of work these days due to streaming audio and video that creating our own oldie's network (in foreign language too) using these elders from the past that the road appears clear to make our second large fortune within one lifetime...

Who would have 'punkt' it?