visit to VSR

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
While on a trip to see family in northern Massachusetts, i took a side trip up to VSR to meet Mario and see the phenomenal facility and the work they do. Part of the highlight of this trip was being joined by our friend @adawil2002 and the magnificent Athena. Mario was very generous with his time and showed us some incredible engines that were being built ... they have the specialty tools to create just about anything you could imagine, a race car that was too incredible to describe, a carb csl that was going through transformational body work to reclaim it and allow it to live for a long time to come. i did not take my camera out while walking around ... but i will tell you that Mario is the real deal, and his companies work is truly exceptional.

i did take a pic of the glass door to show that we were there, and a few pix of Athena.

Attachments

• vsr.jpg
    vsr.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 99
  • andrew 2.jpg
    andrew 2.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 102
  • andrew 1.jpg
    andrew 1.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 103

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yes Mario is very generous with his time and knowledge. next time i am up in that area, i will go visit again.

TodB

Reaction score
Having relocated from MA to FL 5 years ago, I miss my trips to VSR (and seeing my local E9 friends) and looking at all of the projects they have underway. Its always "interesting" to see first hand how other shops have cut corners during their restorations. Paint can hide a lot of foibles. Its also interesting to see how restorations can be done correctly and the time it actually takes to do so.

I'm loving my 02 motor that Mario's team rebuilt last year. It completely transformed my 02 experience.

A good egg is Mario. He's worked hard to build out his shop and reputation and takes great pride in his work. HIs passion shows each time you speak with him.