WANT TO BUY: The Very Best 3.0 CS

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think this car is over-represented by the

Dealer, particularly if you want a historically accurate E9.
If you want a resto-mod, let Don finish with Jabberjaw (hopefully the body issues are addressed) and make the owner an offer he can't refuse.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Says 73 but seats and seat belts are all 74 vintage, no badges on trunk, missing wiper arm on driver side, green paint on washer bottle, black air cleaner and you hate to see clothes dryer hose used for the air intake! For $75K I would expect more attention to the details.

Good Eye Chris. That upholstery just does not look right to me. I also think I see a painted cap where the chrome one should be on the door arm rest. The Steering wheel is another deduct item for me.

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jbrjaw

Dealer, particularly if you want a historically accurate E9.
If you want a resto-mod, let Don finish with Jabberjaw (hopefully the body issues are addressed) and make the owner an offer he can't refuse.

Everything is being addressed. That's why its taking so long. An offer I couldn't refuse would be interesting but i doubt that would happen. It's been a year and a lot of money invested. But it sure drove nicely when i was there in Aug. Hope to get it soon.

ccr

ccr2002

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am located in Auburn Hills Michigan, but I will travel anywhere in the country for the right car.

I need to find a "bone stock" example of this car. There are some beautiful examples of modified Coupes out there and I'm sure there is good justification for the engine swaps and suspension upgrades but I want it the way it was delivered from the factory. Yes, its a tall order, but that is what the hunt is all about.

Thanks again!
Mark

Like this one? It might be hard to pry away....
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3483

Driven

Reaction score
Bone Stock

No modifications for me. I want to find a car as close to the way it was delivered as possible. Although, I will make minor corrections if needed. Thanks for all of the suggestions and comments. Lets find a great car!!!

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
There's a perfect car for you on Hemmings

Search for BMW, 1973

It's Taiga, one of the very best colors for E9's.
It's a one owner, low mileage, fully documented car that's not been modified.
I'll guess it could be made into a 100pt car (condition & originality) for under $20k. Or you could spend more and restore it to better than new condition. But as a STARTING point, it looks as good as you can do if you are going for originality. Heck, it even has the original emissions equipment that most of us would have long ago discarded (that big vacuum unit is likely the 'valve' that slows how fast the throttle closes when you take your foot of the pedal).

John Feng

Last edited:

couttsdesign

Reaction score
Crevier 6k original mile coupe

I was at Crevier BMW in Santa Ana, CA about six years ago and they had a siennabraun coupe in the showroom with something like 6K original miles. My memory of details are hazy, but I think it was a 1974 big bumper car. Last time I was there, about 3 years ago, I inquired about the coupe. The salesman said he didn't know anything about it except that it was probably in storage in Crevier's private collection.

I think a 6k original mile coupe, stored in a temperature controlled environment will be what you are looking for. Not sure if it's for sale, but call Crevier and throw a shizz load of $$$$ at him and see what happens. Good luck and let us know what you find out....sorry, but my info is hazy at best.....