WANTED 3.0csi

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good decision.

I recall a great restoration in the UK was up for sale like a year ago and the pictures looked so good we tried to talk the seller into keeping the car. If we succeeded it means we are taken seriously and can talk him now into selling to you :).

I think it was a matter of not having a garage to keep the car in I think.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too hung up on csi vs CS vs 2800cs. Just buy the best car you can find. Drive as many as you can. Bring a flashlight and look at it up on a lift.
Engine swaps are easy, body work is hard.
Scott

greenE9

Reaction score
Hi - there have been a few sold in the UK in the past year- but they are not that common. I spend a year looking and bought mine before Christmas.

In my view you are better off spending more on the way in to get a decent one. You won't get much for £10k unless you are keen to do a restoration...

Happy hunting!

csimyson

Reaction score
Thanks.
Think I should find a half decent one one my budget of 10 to 16k.

Fingers crossed

Gernstetter

Reaction score
Thanks.
Think I should find a half decent one one my budget of 10 to 16k.

Fingers crossed

Doubtful with that budget, my car guy in Germany is working on several restoration candidates for me now, most about 7-9 thousand euros needing another 10 to bring up to very good driver category....I don't believe in trailer queens.....you can fly to Koln cheap and meet him, I am very happy with his work and have sent several friends to him, and they also do interiors, which is a huge plus.....do you have to have a RHD car?

bdyton

Reaction score
http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic-auctions/saturday-5th-april-2014.aspx

No Affiliation - Just spotted it in the 5th April Sale at Anglia Car Auctions.

1975 BMW 3.0CSI

Originally a Park Lane BMW demonstrator, this CSi is complete with original stamped service book, handbooks and original warranty card along with a box folder of approximately £15,000 worth of restoration and service bills. The vendor believes that the car was fitted with CSL spoiler and city pack bumpers from new. MoT'd. Further details to follows.

ESTIMATE: £10,000 - 13,000

csimyson

Reaction score
Hi thanks for link.
I saw this. I will be going to auction on the bases on buying.
Does anyone know of the car.
What are your views on the car

Cheers

csimyson

Reaction score
Doubtful with that budget, my car guy in Germany is working on several restoration candidates for me now, most about 7-9 thousand euros needing another 10 to bring up to very good driver category....I don't believe in trailer queens.....you can fly to Koln cheap and meet him, I am very happy with his work and have sent several friends to him, and they also do interiors, which is a huge plus.....do you have to have a RHD car?

Im planning on buying a RHD.
Would be good to have your contact in Germany incase I need him in future

Cheers

csimyson

Reaction score
looking for a csi.
Don't mind some work. not willing to pay over the odds for a restored 1

Please pm with any links to csi's for sale in the uk. Or a RHD one overseas.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
http://www.angliacarauctions.co.uk/classic-auctions/saturday-5th-april-2014.aspx

No Affiliation - Just spotted it in the 5th April Sale at Anglia Car Auctions.

1975 BMW 3.0CSI

Originally a Park Lane BMW demonstrator, this CSi is complete with original stamped service book, handbooks and original warranty card along with a box folder of approximately £15,000 worth of restoration and service bills. The vendor believes that the car was fitted with CSL spoiler and city pack bumpers from new. MoT'd. Further details to follows.

ESTIMATE: £10,000 - 13,000

...slightly OT, the blurb on the auction site states it was one of the last RHD csi's ( in 1975 )...a quick VIN search suggests otherwise ( Nov '73 )

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why don't you ...

Why don't you contact 5 star and Munich Legends and let them know what you are looking for. They are in a good position to know of many UK E9's and can make inquiries for you.