Wanted 5 bar CSL grill

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for a 5 bar CSL grill with black slats, I know its a tough one, but eh it cant hurt to ask.

Thanks

Pete

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
May not be what your after, but I disassembled mine and painted the slats SEM satin black and it has held up well over time. Pics in profile gallery.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Stevehose,

I was going to do that as they look simple to dismantle, but wanted to try for an original one first, appreciate the idea though and your heads up on how it held up.

Sorry, rsporsche it is 5 bar on a CSL, although many have been changed over the years to 4 bars due to the knocks that nose gets.

Thanks

Pete

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry, rsporsche it is 5 bar on a CSL, although many have been changed over the years to 4 bars due to the knocks that nose gets.

Thanks

Pete
as i said, perhaps my memory was mistaken. i had looked at a pic of a couple of csl and they both had 4 bar grilles. i just looked at Ron Perry's at russo and steele and 5 bar. so, i guess i remembered wrong ... thanks for correcting me.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you are right Chris ... i just mixed up what i remembered. i do remember seeing that 73 polaris at Dr. Detail that had a 4 bar that didn't fit right. i was thinking that the CSL needed more air flow ... just over thought it.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is the 5 slat black kidney grill as fitted on this CSL, shown here in the factory sales brochure.

8369909528_1951d5d848_b.jpg