Wanted: BMW 2800CS

Vwbeck

Reaction score
Im looking for a nice BMW 2800CS.
If you have one for sale or know of one.
I'm located in So. Calif.
Thanks
Gary

Last edited:

sreams

Reaction score
Actually... this brings up a good question. Is there any reason a 2800CS would actually be preferred over a 3.0CS? I could see going with either one if the right car was found... but in what case would one want a 2800 over a 3.0, assuming all other things are equal?

-S

Vwbeck

Reaction score
Just the price, I'm looking to spend $20,000-$25,000.
From what I have found its seems you can get a nicer 2800CS in that price range.
A nice 3.0CS would work also.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a very early 2800cs with the original engine and tranny. I'm about to upgrade the drivetrain unless I get an offer I can't refuse in which case I'll buy the Jaegermeister.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Actually... this brings up a good question. Is there any reason a 2800CS would actually be preferred over a 3.0CS? I could see going with either one if the right car was found... but in what case would one want a 2800 over a 3.0, assuming all other things are equal?

-S
Scott,

i think the correct answer to this is the old maxim - buy the best COUPE that you can afford. it doesn't matter if its a 2800cs or a 3.0cs. i don't buy into hagerty's pricing between a 2800 + a 3.0 ... blumax is a 2800cs

in reality, the only real difference is the rear brakes ... you can fix that for less than 1k. if you are buying a condition 1 car you want to keep it origiinal (if it hasn't been changed) ... but since a lot of us have very nice drivers - a 3.5 + a 5speed can be a great change

my 2 cents
scott

shanon

Reaction score
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the trim material quality used (more brass etc) is higher one the 2800cs. The bean counters started using more plastic etc on the 3.0.

-s