wanted chromed exhaust tip

siscobmw

Reaction score
Hi!
I am searching for a new chrome exhaust tip for my 3.3L.....original or like the original with rolled edge, has to go to a 3.3L automatic with a 60 mm exit pipe....
it's one of the last stupid parts I need to complete restoration.....
anyone, Any place where I cn buy?
also i will need a good front windshield , but I believe that here there are only few european member of this forum....
regards,
Francesco

Orangener

Reaction score
Hi!
......good front windshield........
Ciao Francesco !

I´m located in Vienna........

I have all window panes for the E3 on stock (for the L-Version also), exept a good windshield!
For those it is the best to look at Ebay Germany frequently or ask Walloth&Nesch

http://www.wallothnesch.com/d/frameeteile.htm

Windshield/ Frontscheibe green toned with green stripe for 269,00 EUR
51311813711.JPG

Saluti, Andi

siscobmw

Reaction score
tips are not available anymore from bmw,nor windshields ...
Hi Andi
my email is siscotroia @ gmail.com (detele space for mailing me,this way I avoided a lot of I am really interested in E3 longwheel based parts!
I know wallothnesch, but they suggested to go there and get myself a windshield, due to problems with broken windshields delivered with no care at all(one was mine, they sent back money but I am still without it..)...
I think I will have to get the first good one It come on my habds, also white.....
Francesco

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm having too a lot of troubles searching for an exhaust "chrom blende" as they call it in Germany.
But the correct size for my muffler is 55 mm not 60. :confused::confused::confused:
On Ebay Germany there is often an offer for some 60 mm's, expensive! And 60 mm should be the same size of the Porsche 911 2.7-3.2 chrom blende which is very common and cheap.

siscobmw

Reaction score
auspuff blende, chromrohr blende etc.....a lot of name for the same stupid but rare stuff....
55mm is the correct size except for some e3s and maybe some e9....
the 2500-2800 had 50 mm final tip, 3.0S-Si and 3.3L got the 55mm one, except a short period that had the same final muffler with 55mm inlet and 60 mm final pipe, the period I believe is from about 1973-74.....I recently took home a original eberspacher bmw exhaust from that period,there's bmw eberspacher signs, date of production(mine is 1/74) spare part number, 3.0S , 3.0S inj. 3.0SA etc signs that states what cars can have that exhaust.....
also , in some old part catalog(those blue books) you can find that particular muffler, with part number and the 60mm tip....

anyway , Lorenzo I have one original bmw tip ,55mm, made 30 years ago, never used and in great shape, still in its transparent plastic package, in my garage.
If you want it it's a gift for you.it has rolled and pressed edge, like the really old one(newer one , like those I had on my ex 635, had rolled and round edge), original sticker from bmw ....it's new but forgotten for about 30 years...just get in touch with me.
thank you for the porsche tips information.....useful, I hope!

Francecso

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
this one, despite the chrom plating is sadly bad, is really like the original! and sizes are the same.....
http://cgi.ebay.it/Porsche-911-Chro...1765?pt=Autoteile_Zubehör&hash=item2eb1916655
good hint lorenzo , Thank you!
Francesco

Just a bit shorter I think. But these 60 mm are vastly reproduced and cheap tp buy. Any classic Porsche retailer has them.
Check also Paolo Di Mitrio's website:
http://pdmcarparts.eu/index.php?cPath=2686_2978_2988&XTCsid=666c19cafdac07f35677d8ed91a66feb

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Porsche exhaust tip 60 mm diameter

Will work fine--as noted its shorter by around 3/4" and is s/s versus BMW original chrome plated brass.

Mesa Performance in Costa Mesa usually have two sizes in stock.

siscobmw

Reaction score
Just a bit shorter I think. But these 60 mm are vastly reproduced and cheap tp buy. Any classic Porsche retailer has them.
Check also Paolo Di Mitrio's website:
http://pdmcarparts.eu/index.php?cPath=2686_2978_2988&XTCsid=666c19cafdac07f35677d8ed91a66feb

the straight portion of pipe where I have to install the tip is 60 mm long, so 80 mm seems good, also the 55mm I have has the same lenght.....I will check anyway....

now I bought one from porschefarm.it, also....I want to keep some rare spare parts for the future....
Francesco

siscobmw

Reaction score
I had also got in touch with jim stansfield at mesa performance, we both join the seniorsix mailing list....
he replied:
Francesco, this is Jim at Mesa Performance. Look for the chrome tip for a 1965-1973 911 Porsche. It fits perfectly, and no one can tell the dfference from the BMW part. We've been doing this swap for years.

I saw a lot of pictures,it really looks similar.....
anyway the original one 55mm, inner diameter, is 10 cms.....I can live wihout those 2 cms of chrome....I will continue search for the right original one in the next future...
Francesco

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just want say THANKS to Francesco for the very welcome gift: his 55 mm superb pipe is already installed!
Grazie!

siscobmw

Reaction score
Just want say THANKS to Francesco for the very welcome gift: his 55 mm superb pipe is already installed!
Grazie!

a pleasure to help you..and your cars!
you have at least 3 bmws in your garage making part of my dream collection...I am happy and proud to help a guy with more passion than me!
Francesco