WANTED: cylinder head for '73 3.0cs

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I got lucky on the fuel; the guy who sold my carbs to be had a custom hard line made up that links all three carbs. It is just beautiful.

As to linkage, Stevehose and I had a thread on this a couple years ago (which I can no longer locate, but I did find this: https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/show-your-engine.23431/). I copied his intercouple setup. The one concern I had was that my car was missing the portion of the bell crank assembly that acts as a stop when you depress the pedal to the floor. I eventually found this (Thanks to MaxFish giving away a stash of left over parts), but felt this was critical so as to avoid placing too much stress on the throttle shafts (no matter which type of linkage you employ). As noted in the thread I reference, some feel that the bar and rod actuators look better.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a head from a '75 CSI. Came from a coupe that was a barn-find, the body was shot but the engine still ran (2009.) Don't know its condition otherwise. NJ.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a head from a 1972 3.0CS that has an '84 manufacture mark. Note, this IS for the 3.0cs with the recess for the mechanical fuel pump and all as it should be for the 3.0CS. I can only expect that in the history of the car that the original head got cracked and they installed a replacement. This one was removed from a car I parted out that had hit a pole and all valves are in perfect shape (none are burnt and all seal perfectly). PM me if interested as I doubt I will ever use it.