Wanted:Factory Ducktail with Rubber Lip

mpgandco

Reaction score
I know this is a long shot but I really need a Factory Ducktail with the Rubber lip.Anyone have one stashed?Just the rubber lip would be just fine, as well.Please EMail me at [email protected]. if you have or know of one.
Thanks Mike

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
Somebody on this board had a line on reproductions out of Germany not too long ago. Was it the folks from VSR ? Cant recall. There were also two for sale on eBay recently--not cheap. Not sure if they ever sold.

Mario L.

Reaction score
Yes It was me at VSR that was making arrangements for the rubber spoiler from Germany.

We just completed installation of one unit . .and painting, this was the prototype . . .

It is a one piece unit with a molded black rubber lip that is permanently attached.

IF there is enough interest I can arrange a group buy . . .
importing is the challenge and not having to pay huge duty fees and shipping . . .

But with enough interest I'll find a way to work around that.

Mario L.

www.VSR1.com

mpgandco

Reaction score
Thanks for all the leads!!!
Mario
Its funny you should chime in,as I just got my issue of Hemmings and you and your guys at your shop did a beautiful job on that BMW 2002 Hot Rod on the cover.I saw your add and the CS with the Ducktail.I was going to call you about it.
Are the Ducktails from Germany one piece with the top portion just painted black or is there in fact a seperate Rubber lip that is glued on?Is the Ducktail the one that over laps the rear fenders or the one that is only as wide as the deck lid?
Mike

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Yup,

There is an e9 ducktail spoiler reproduction, imported from Germany, for sale. Virtually indistinguishable from an original. Prep work already done at VSR1 Racing, and the unit is ready to be color matched.

Circumstances create an opportune buy for someone in the e9coupe family, as opposed to first appearing on Ebay.

From what I understand a couple folk have expressed interest, but I don't think anyone has pulled the trigger yet.

Inquires, pictures and info available from Mario Langsten <[email protected]>
http://www.e30m3.org/