Wanted: front belt line trim piece

73E9er

Reaction score
Part No: 51 1 31 810 538

Contractor backed into my coupe while it was parked in my garage under car cover. Put i.5 in. dent directly in front cross piece at hood level. Miraculously, he is still alive. Looking for new trim piece, or, VERY nice used, straight one. Beleive me, there are NO new ones available at usual vendors in USA, Europe, or BMW proper - including Mobile Traditions.
Taking my coupe to auto body this week, so please let me know a.s.a.p., if you can help.

Thanks.

Gary
direct: [email protected]

krauser

Reaction score
NEW front belt line trim

Carl at La Jolla Independent has a few NEW front belt line trim pieces,
give him a call or email him at carl/bimmerdoc/dot/com,

krauser

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Check ebay and Los Angeles Craigslist, I think I saw a guy selling trim pieces in Glendale, CA

EDIT:
This guy, send him a msg asking if he still has it, I know link is for rain trim pieces but I saw his post on CL for the front piece

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bmw-E9-3-0-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4d00271489

The guy in Glendale was almost giving everything away for free. He had a pair of mint condition tail lights for only $125. I contacted him a couple of days ago and he said he had pretty much sold everything.

bluebeem

Reaction score
front trim

I just happen to have 3 nice ones...1 brand new, still in the wrapper.

whatever price is fair, I can ship it to ya.

Anton

execmalibu

Reaction score
The guy in Glendale sold his taillights and set of belt moldings. Ask how I know...

The guy in Glendale (Eddie)sold his taillights and set of belt moldings. That guy from Malibu bought almost all of his parts...:roll:

BTW...
Verde2002 "The guy in Glendale was almost giving everything away for free"

Before I left I handed over $400 in cash for a few small parts... That does not sound like for free to me?

Last edited:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The guy in Glendale (Eddie)sold his taillights and set of belt moldings. That guy from Malibu bought almost all of his parts...:roll:

So how many sets of tail lights do you have? :)
I need a left in excellent shape. Mine has a cracked lens but very good chrome

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score

BTW...
Verde2002 "The guy in Glendale was almost giving everything away for free"

Before I left I handed over $400 in cash for a few small parts... That does not sound like for free to me?

To me $125 for a set of mint condition tail lights is as close to free as it gets. he also had one complete door weather strip rubber set he was asking $50 for, again a bargain. Maybe he sensed your excitement, got greedy and sold you items at a much higher price.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Verde2002, The tail lights are NOT mint or new they are nice...

Verde2002,

No offense but the tail lights are very nice but not new or perfect...

And the door rubbers are not complete... In fact they do not look anything like the rubber on my E9 doors... I am not even sure they are for an E9...

To be fair to all and being they are such a "bargain" and so you dont think you missed out on a great deal. I will sell the door rubbers to you for the same $50+shipping. Sold "AS IS" with no returns.

Please Paypal me at [email protected]

73E9er

Reaction score
front trim piece

To: bluebeem

please contact me directly re: nyour available trim pieces.

[email protected]

I have tried PMs to you but it appears that none are actually being sent, as I show no "sent" messages in my profile!?? Sorry.

Gary