Wanted - Hub for 38cm (380) Petri for an E3

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I found out the Petri I had refurbished has the wrong hub. It is one for a 2002. Willing to trade my hub for E3/E9 hub or $$$$CASH of course. If anyone has any leads on one of these, please let me know. I don't want to sell the hub that fits the 2002 until I find the correct hub I need in case I need to use it as trade.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
tell big ego its for a bavaria. he hates coupes and the coupe community. maybe its because he can't afford one.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can you modify the 2002 hub? I know I has a brass pin j stead of a brass ring. I am in the same boat, but haven't investigated yet. It's probably best not to tinker with a vintage Petri hub. My hub is a basic accordion mono hub.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I put a message into CoupeKing Friday and Carl is the one that pointed out I needed a new hub, he didn't have one (that he wanted to sell that is). LOL, anyhow, keep the leads coming thanks, haven't heard back from CoupeKing yet probably tomorrow. I'm sure he got backed up after that video came out.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

execmalibu

Reaction score
The Nardi hub works great and they look Pretty Good.

I am not saying the Nardi hub is better or I would want that over the originial but in a pinch the Nardi hub works great and they look pretty good. And once on the car the difference is not really that noticeable...

Attachments

• Petri hub.jpg
    Petri hub.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 85
  • Orange Petri.jpg
    Orange Petri.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 96

floridabmx

Reaction score
I am not saying the Nardi hub is better or I would want that over the originial but in a pinch the Nardi hub works great and they look pretty good. And once on the car the difference is not really that noticeable...

looks good to me. it bolts right up? Or do you have to drill and tap the adapter?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Oh wow, ok, I had no idea that bolted right up. I don't have a concourse car so that my be the trick, thank you!!! So, is there a model number I need to ask for? Where did you get that? Thanks again!

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
You will have to drill/tap new holes.
The mounting holes for the Petri wheel will not align with those on the Nardi or MOMO hubs. These are radially symmetric (the holes are equally spaced) while the Petri holes are not - this is most easily seen by comparing the spacing between the top two screws and the bottom two.

execmalibu

Reaction score
You will have to drill the 5 holes... Very easy to do.

To convert the Nardi hub just rotate the wheel on the hub a few degrees past the 6 Nardi holes and mark then drill the 5 Petri holes. Tapping the hub works but because the metal is thin I also added nuts on each small bolt...

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great info thanks guys! Is CoupeKing known for not responding to parts requests? Just curious? I have two requests in since Friday and nada?