Wanted, manual pedal box.

Reaction score
Hi I am in the process of starting work on my rusty 2800 csa.
I will be converting it to manual so a pedal box and gear leaver surround from a manual car is what I'm after.

Hope you can help.

I will post a build thread once I begin.

Tom.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
there was one on ebay recently - you might check there. not going to be inexpensive. if no luck, try coupeking, coupeguy or lajolla independent.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am almost done with this; you do not need to change the pedal box if you get the right pedals. The auto box has a hole for the clutch master, which is occupied by the wiring for the auto. When you pull the wiring, you free up space for the clutch master and it just bolts right in.

For the pedals, I know pedals from a Bavaria will work. I think mine came from an e12.

Once you get the right pedals, you remove the auto brake pedal return spring, unscrew the bolt connecting the brake pedal to the brake booster, unscrew the nut and bolt that the pedal hangs from, pull it through the brake pedal and out of the pedal box. The auto pedal will drop right out. The clutch pedal and new brake pedal both hang from this same bolt; simply line up the pedals push the rod through and fasten it with the nut. Obviously, you need a return spring for the clutch pedal and the bolt/nut/bushings to connect the pedal to the clutch slave.

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
i've got one as well as a modded shifter surround (was made by PO from an auto surround- not perfect but i had it in my car for 7 years without issue) that i'll throw in for a pack of smokes ( aka free). not sure what they are going for but will reference ebay

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is great feedback as I am in the process of selling my pedal box. I doubt the LHD would suit RHD because the brake booster support is integral to the structure and there is a flange that connects to the inside fender. Therefore anyone chasing this equipment will need to be RHD or LHD specific. If mine does not sell to this current interested party, I may offer it up for sale. I say may because I really was happy to sit on it should I need it for a future conversion.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
How many times does it have to be said ...
It's the PEDALS that count.
Not the box.
Nobody needs to change the box ....
PEDALS and bushes.
Not the BOX.
it's 20 minutes.
Boxes have no value.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not the box.
PEDALS and bushes.
Not the BOX.
it's 20 minutes.
Boxes have no value.

A picture is worth 1,000 Don words. I followed his advice before shipping these to him. Why pay shipping on a complete pedal box?

27319216934_26d746757c_b.jpg

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not the box.
PEDALS and bushes.
Not the BOX.
it's 20 minutes.
Boxes have no value.

Sorry I did not realize it was said before but this is good to know. Let me ask then if you are sure it is just pedals... can you use just the clutch pedal from an E12 also?