Wanted: Parcel Shelf Wood and CSi Air Filer Bracket

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am looking for a reasonably priced nice original Coupe rear parcel shelf wood cover with the original Black vinyl. It could have speaker holes if it is otherwise good. I also need an original CSi air filter bracket (would be NOS or cut out from a junked right-hand side wheel well. How about an extra angled piece that holds the center tray to the console side pieces, for factory radio installation, or the complete tray?

Thanks, Tom

jmackro

Reaction score
I'm with echappe - I fabricated a new parcel shelf recently using masonite, padded it with 1/4" foam, and with the vinyl glued in place. The only trick is that I needed to salvage the wedge-shaped piece of wood from my old shelf - that piece forms the transition from the center-front of the shelf down to the armrest. Upholstering around the corners of that wedge was the biggest challenge.

Any used shelf you find is going to be delaminating from moisture.

I dislike plywood for this application - it always warps on me. I do like that you can staple the upholstery to plywood, which is more secure and faster than gluing. But, I dislike the "potatochip" shape it always takes.

Echappe: You mention a material MDe. What's that? Some sort of plastic? Where do you get it?

Attachments

• BMW CS 042809 001.jpg
    BMW CS 042809 001.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 78

tomcolitt

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thanks guys, but my car is cosmetically completely original. I've been in the Coupe business for 20 plus years and unfortunately the vinyl grain is not available in the aftermarket, even the shade of Black would be hard to get.

Tom

Last edited: