Wanted UK RHD CSL

James Poulter

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im a private buyer looking for a RHD CSL either in silver or blue, if anyone knows of anything worth having please let me know, must be matching numbers and have history.

Have bid on a couple recently at auctions but keep getting pipped at the post, if I wasn't having to pay 25k on top of the hammer price in fees that would certainly help, so If you have one to sell then please get in touch.

Many thanks

James Poulter

07977 502097

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Car and classic site have some good cars for sale and put a wanted advert in the bmw car club mag !!!

If I see I decent one , I will pm you

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't James but it looks fairly honest - the sound insulation is odd in the heater area. What money are they asking for it?

pat cooks

Reaction score
I do know of an original RHD UK silver city pack car owned for many many years by an old customer of mine, he is finding it heavy to drive these days, I will try to fire up an old work computer over Christmas to find his contact details, I think the Reg is BMW+++ , worth 1/2 the value of the car!

he does know what it is worth............but an original car with provenance Pat

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You seen the car Steve? Does that feel fair money for it?

That cars mileage as been put back ..why .. I don’t no ???

I saw that car 4,5 years ago.. it’s a good daily driver ... then , need some minor work !!!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I do know of an original RHD UK silver city pack car owned for many many years by an old customer of mine, he is finding it heavy to drive these days, I will try to fire up an old work computer over Christmas to find his contact details, I think the Reg is BMW+++ , worth 1/2 the value of the car!

he does know what it is worth............but an original car with provenance Pat
Hi pat
My family owns this car !!!!

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You seen the car Steve? Does that feel fair money for it?

The price for any car depends on the buyer.

I have seen cars sold for silly money , that I would not pay half of the asking price for , due to the amount of work needed to put that car right , the way I would like it to be.

You only need two idiots, buyers ,interested in your car and you will sell your car close to asking price ... or full asking price

Just look at the recent auction sales over the past few months ...

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I did not view that car when I was looking to buy, but I saw a couple of auction cars which sold in that ballpark which were (in my view) not as nice, not as solid looking. For that price I would ensure it's very solid (for an E9) and mostly original, good history and hopefully a documented recent restoration, and make them a cheeky offer if you like it.

I'd accept a reasonable amount of wear and patina and call it "character"!

I have seen cars sold for silly money , that I would not pay half of the asking price for , due to the amount of work needed to put that car right , the way I would like it to be.

What would you want to do to it?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drew

The Csl cars that I have seen over the past say 12/18 months ... sold privately and in the auction houses
with a sparkling paint job to distract you away from the rust areas , stone chip on the under side , over spray , front end & rear damage , that has not been correctly repaired , filler on the sills , inner wings , rear quarters etc etc

To put the above Right on a Csl ... you need serous investment on top of the purchase price of over 80,90,100k plus

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, agreed. If it has any of those issues hidden underneath the sparkly exterior then the price needs adjustment. I don't know this car so I don't know what (if anything) might be lurking

I saw at car sell at silverstones in this £ ballpark which clearly had filler in the weld between inner and outer wings. I bid on it in this knowledge, and the assumption that this was likely to be the tip of the iceberg, but the bidding left me way behind. It's all quite remarkable...

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The blue car that is for sale, at greenside cars, is a car I saw 4,5 years ago and it was a good daily driver then, not with the issues I have generally mentioned in my above comments !!!!

A certain well known Csl Here in the UK, that would come 1st in any concours event , that it entered , is now no longer that car, after it was sold to its new owner only a few years ago !!!

If E9 cars are not maintained, look after , they can deteriorate very quickly over a short time .