Weber Intake screw

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was looking over the engine bay and noticed one of the bolts was missing that secures the carb onto the intake and on the opposite corner the nut was loose. This allowed the carb a little play and I suspect is the source of my gas fumes.

My question is whether this is a "major" issue and potential fire risk or am I just risking not having it run well because I might suck in too much air if there is not a good seal on the intake.

I need to do a little more research but if anyone can tell me what size bolt and nut I need I would appreciate it.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would fix it asap. With an air leak like that you may get a backfire which could ignite fumes. Besides, it will run like crap until it's properly fixed. The mixture is likely too rich in order to compensate for the leak, dumping more fuel in there than you should.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
I need to do a little more research but if anyone can tell me what size bolt and nut I need I would appreciate it.

It's a stud with threads on each end. M10x1.25 I think. You will want the wave washers too. Try Carl Nelson for the stud and Bel Metric for the washer.