Well yes officer this the “sporty” model....

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
189D7A5D-B4ED-4788-B8AF-AC6872ACAA62.jpeg
welcome to Texas.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was pulled over by 2 cop cars with guns drawn for speeding in mine. They thought I'd stolen it (I was driving it like I did). After they holstered their weapons they admired the car and told me to slow down. Jail avoided!

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ahhh Texas, where every officer/trooper and berg is different. You never know if you’re getting a ticket, treated like an axe murder, or making a new friend. Even more of a crap shoot when you’re on 2 wheels. Better than Virginia, though—not for lovers of speed.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, Texas + Louisiana have a lot of colorful cops ... i got stopped in my '73 mgb gt for going 85 in a 55. he asked me "why are you in such a hurry?". my answer was, do you really think this car could go that fast? he laughed and said that he guessed not and sent me on my way. truth be told i was going 93 ...

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ahhh Texas, where every officer/trooper and berg is different. You never know if you’re getting a ticket, treated like an axe murder, or making a new friend. Even more of a crap shoot when you’re on 2 wheels. Better than Virginia, though—not for lovers of speed.

You got that right about Virginia. More State Troopers per mile than I have seen anywhere else and they hand out tickets like candy on Halloween. But Virginians are the worst drivers though; traffic deaths and/or major accidents are a daily occurrence in the Hampton Roads area.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You got that right about Virginia. More State Troopers per mile than I have seen anywhere else and they hand out tickets like candy on Halloween. But Virginians are the worst drivers though; traffic deaths and/or major accidents are a daily occurrence in the Hampton Roads area.
Cause and effect?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
We knew you weren't in CA. The shoulder is wider than the lane and there's no potholes!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We knew you weren't in CA. The shoulder is wider than the lane and there's no potholes!
Walter, Delaware is right behind VA in number of troopers per square mile of highway. And I believe radar is illegal. Not sure if they confiscate and ticket or just confiscate. Also illegal in Canada. Shut your radar off, it still emits a signal the Mounties can grab.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had a story about speeding in TX but decided that it would be bad karma to tell it. I think that karma is also illegal in TX. :) Gotta love it tho.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cause and effect?

May be. My theory though is that this area has a huge military presence (probably the most bases in the nation) and you get a lot of young service members who are driving for the first time and are woefully inexperienced. I bought a nice little VW GTI with my first paycheck when I joined the Marine Corps, but I had been driving since I was 16, so I had some experience; a lot of these guys and gals buy Mustangs and Camaros, or Subaru WTIs with their first checks, but have little to no background in driving and calamity often ensues. If it snows around here, watch out!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
May be. My theory though is that this area has a huge military presence (probably the most bases in the nation) and you get a lot of young service members who are driving for the first time and are woefully inexperienced. I bought a nice little VW GTI with my first paycheck when I joined the Marine Corps, but I had been driving since I was 16, so I had some experience; a lot of these guys and gals buy Mustangs and Camaros, or Subaru WTIs with their first checks, but have little to no background in driving and calamity often ensues. If it snows around here, watch out!
That's a great theory - and explains a lot. As a much younger guy, I had some powerful cars. And there was some calamity. Fortunately, nobody was ever hurt. I also worked at a dealership where I was able to drive just about everything (both the new and used BMWs that were there, plus a plethora of trade-ins of all makes and models). With that history of opportunity, I 'feel' that I drive better than most. But now that I said that, I am going to wrap my daily around a light pole on my way home tonight (hopefully not). And sadly, even here in Wisconsin where snow is guaranteed - the first snow every year leaves the side of the roads littered with cars that forgot over the past 9 months how to drive in conditions. It is almost comical.