Werks Shop '74 CS in Key West

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I sent the Vin to BMW this was their response to VIN 4335273

Dear Mr Wilson,

Thank you for your email.

Would you be so kind to check the VIN please? We can not identify this as a VIN BMW model. Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Julia Oberndörfer

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 5.14.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-03-24 at 5.14.03 PM.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 135

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think I would probably sell out any Coupe I had for $125K and buy a ski chalet in Slovenia.

BTW, what is with those carbs and air cleaners?

Last edited:

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Autotragic take 2

Having driven the three speed auto coupes, my point about the automatic is not simply that it is an automatic, it is that it is a really crummy one. The Borg Warner three speed is crap compared to the Mercedes 4 speed automatics of the era.
I totally get not wanting to have a stick if one can't do the clutch due to a bad back or whatever (my mother had this problem), and my 53 Lincoln has a lovely four speed auto, so nothing against autos when they are well designed and suit the drivetrain well. Coupe King I believe built a coupe with a later BMW four speed auto, which I applaud. But the Borg Warner three speed is just not great. It detracts from the value of this car, IMHO.
If I were looking at this car, I would check with the Werk Shop to be sure they actually restored it. Not sure I see it on their site.
Scott

Doug Dolan

Reaction score
I sent the Vin to BMW this was their response to VIN 4335273

Dear Mr Wilson,

Thank you for your email.

Would you be so kind to check the VIN please? We can not identify this as a VIN BMW model. Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Julia Oberndörfer

That's odd, as this VIN is in the range of 01/1974-12/1975 3.0 CSA/USA VINs for E9 Production & VIN numbers (http://www.e9-driven.com/E9_Vins.asp). Andrew, did you e-mail BMW Classic?