West Coast Summer Concours

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Summer Concours Recap

This year's event was even better than last year with the addition of Porsche and Mercedes although their number of judged cars was fairly small. We had 46 judged BMWs and probably over 100 in the non-judged corral. It was a real treat to see 7 or so Vintage examples including 327, 328, 315, 309 (?) and an Isetta. Best of Show Overall went to a stunning `67 911S and the PCA vowed to be back next year with a full contingent of owners and vehicles based on the success of this inaugural event. A big thank you to Paul Cain, Wayne Wundrum, Eddie Funahashi and the rest of the Central California Chapter team as well as to Jeff Cowan and the Golden Gate Chapter for an excellent Festorics experience at Laguna Seca. Hopefully those who attended will have photos to share and maybe we will see some decent coverage in the Roundel in a few months.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some Concours Photos

A few shots

Attachments

• CIMG5494.jpg
    CIMG5494.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 200
  • CIMG5497.jpg
    CIMG5497.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 181
  • CIMG5498.jpg
    CIMG5498.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 196
  • CIMG5499.jpg
    CIMG5499.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 180
  • CIMG5500.jpg
    CIMG5500.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 179

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A few more

x

Attachments

• CIMG5502.jpg
    CIMG5502.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 195
  • CIMG5504.jpg
    CIMG5504.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 185
  • CIMG5506.jpg
    CIMG5506.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 184
  • CIMG5516.jpg
    CIMG5516.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 181
  • CIMG5533.jpg
    CIMG5533.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 194

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kudos to Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for including my girl in your drive up. Next year, I will try not to get lost and follow the carefully prepared instructions you provided from SB to Monterey. Anyway, the drive from Huntington Beach to Santa Barbara was fantastic and well worth getting my 17 year old out of bed at 5 am. Trying to keep up with "slow man" Murray and his carb'd 3.5 while keeping Gary at bay was tough. Our coupes were made for that kind of GT driving for sure. Also, the West Coast Summers event was excellent and I'll be back next year with more mods.

BTW, do you have a shot of Sean detailing your hood vents? I'd like to share that with my wife as a frame of reference. Thanks again!

Wayne

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wayne,

Glad you could join us. I have a pic at home of Shawn cleaning the wheels, maybe it will influence your wife to do the same. It really helps when the wife is also an enthusiast who enjoys these events. Maybe next year you could lead and let Steve Johnson follow and then you wouldn't get lost? Cheers,

Chris

runner

Reaction score
The Concours and all Festorics events were absolutely great. Really made me want to have my coupe there, but could not really drive it from Ohio ! I know-why not? Just time and weather. Anyhow, it was last year at the West Coast Concours that I made my contact which lead to my Fjord coupe, so I feel very much at home-as I think most people think I live in CA.

I also meet many of you on the E9 Forum in person, which is great. Thanks to everyone and all the efforts put forth-just wish I could be part of the caravan driving the PCH, but I have driven it in the coupe before. I'll be back next year ! Thanks again to all ! :)

John