What’s Wrong With This Picture ( Differential) ?

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
AA3FCBE7-482E-47DF-9245-B8C4C590DBED.jpeg

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Represented as a “limited slip“ unit, the differential didn’t slip at all. Full lock , all the time.

We thought it might break loose. Finally, I removed it to discover it was welded-in-place.

3:64 internals. Does anyone have a limited slip gear set for sale?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert Patton 404-226-6678

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Represented as a “limited slip“ unit, the differential didn’t slip at all. Full lock , all the time.

We thought it might break loose. Finally, I removed it to discover it was welded-in-place.

3:64 internals. Does anyone have a limited slip gear set for sale?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert Patton 404-226-6678
Given how much power you will be putting into the axle, maybe call VSR1 about their LSD rebuilds?
Supposed to be able to handle more power than OE by using new stronger parts.

Last edited:

bdigel

Reaction score
ugghhhh , Robert , I just sold the LSD diff out of the Bavaria to a fella out on the west coast . if you can't find one David Green can most likely build something for you

Patton

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Brendan, David Green says that these are too old, no parts. Bobby said he would try to help, he had/sold me Tony's old inventory.. (Not expecting too much with Bobby.)

RP

Back in the day, did you weld it?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
I talked with Korman a couple months back about rebuilding a 3.45 LSD I have for my car, they said they can still do it.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Brendan, David Green says that these are too old, no parts. Bobby said he would try to help, he had/sold me Tony's old inventory.. (Not expecting too much with Bobby.)

RP

Back in the day, did you weld it?

Are you talking about Bobby Thrash in Braselton? He may have some special used parts in the back with his Inka CSL and Technoviolet E36 M3.

I also called Jim Blanton, he didn't have the parts either.

CSdoc

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not sure if this is helpful but I have had several cars over the years have their rear diffs rebuilt by Jim Rowe at Metric Mechanic in Rich, MO. For me, always quality work and no complaints. Reasonable turn around time. He is currently building a 3:45 60% LSD for my 1973 e9 CS.

One of previous owners had a repaint in 2003 and painted Anthracite Grau with tan interior. I am taking back to original color and trim : Ceylon Gold with Black interior. Building a M30B34 bored to 3.7L with 50mm ITBs and fuel injection, headers, 5 speed conversion , etc. Should produce somewhere close to 300hp. I plan to post lots of pics when I am finished. CAN"T WAIT !!