What color firewall

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After reading the posts about expensive firewall "insulation" I immediately checked my upper piece. It is in good condition and I painted it with some flat black Rustoleum. Below this piece there appears to be a thin piece of insulation, it looks like that aluminum stuff found on the inside of some hoods and below that metal.

The thin piece and the metal are painted silver, my coupe is Polaris. Should both or one be black or silver or what?

Any advice and photos appreciated.

Steve

Stefan

Reaction score
According to the dried out pieces on the firewall I found in the engine bay from the "good old days", the lower piece was black in the beginning and the aluminium was inserted in the middle of the insulation.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's what mine looks like.

According to the dried out pieces on the firewall I found in the engine bay from the "good old days", the lower piece was black in the beginning and the aluminium was inserted in the middle of the insulation.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by "the aluminum was inserted in the middle of the insulation." Could you be more precise. I am having trouble visualizing it.

Thanks,

Steve

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The aluminum pieces actually had a foam topping of some sort that eventually crumbles, exposing the aluminum that used to be hidden.