What is this bracket for?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hanging between the voltage regulator and the light and horn relays bracket. Triangular shaped pointing down with a hole and two tabs at the bottom.

Any ideas? I can't find it on realoem...

6F9F51A9-752C-4215-925E-E814B6AE0F81.jpeg

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that looks like the bracket that holds the voltage regulator.
Thank you Scott. The regulator screws on to the side of the body colored "platform" that holds the 3 relays. The one I am talking about is the black triangular shaped piece that "hangs" vertically in the middle of the picture with two silver screws. It is "squeezed" between the regulator and the platform.

Part of me thinks it may have been part of the late smog additions.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that is at the end of the body colored panel ... and isn't that where the voltage regulator is attached? my coupe isn't here so i can't run out and look at it. the attached pic shows the voltage regulator mounted to the end of the body colored panel. ignore the relay to the right, this was discussed on the '70 polaris coupe on BaT. seems like the triangular bracket would somehow hold up the voltage regulator connector. i could be wrong

62.jpg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bo, I never know what may be original and may have been rigged before I took possession of my coupe. But I have a scrappy photo of what might have been on that bracket. From an odd angled photo I happened to take a while back, it looks like I have a relay mounted sideways and under the voltage regulator. Might this help? Please forgive the crust - I haven't taken this car apart yet...
20180116_151551.jpg

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And here is a photo before I took it off. The regulator has been pivoted away for visual clarity in this pic. I wonder if it was supposed to be holding that relay seen in autokunst's pic above. I know I had a relay that was hanging down unattached in that area. Independent of the 3 standard ones next to the regulator. But the bracket does not really have any obvious attachment point for that relay holder however. I should look at the wiring diagram and try to find it.

I'm guessing it's a late model only thing.

Attachments

• Version 2.jpg
    Version 2.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 111

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bo, I am afraid I led you astray. I'm by my car now and took a closer look at what I was showing in my previous image. As it turns out, there is no bracket there on my car (US 3.0CS, April 1973 build). Rather, the middle round relay can has been plucked from its correct position and is sitting sideways under the horizontal relay bracket. The P.O. must have removed it, and I assume because the battery wire seems to now pass right where this round relay "should be". Sorry for taking you around the block with this. :(
20180322-no bracket.jpg 20180322-relay bay.jpg

Last edited: