What Size Bolts Do I Need for Rear Bumperettes

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Wondering if someone can tell me what size bolts I need for the two rear bumperettes on my coupe. The car in the air for a bunch of projects (new sway bars, exhaust, and Bilsteins) and I noticed they are missing. I put the car back together after I had it painted almost 20 years ago. I guess I never reinstalled those bolts. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Vince - I don't know the answer to your specific question, but have a suggestion. As you know, the bumperettes were designed to mount flush to the rear valence, and they have small drain holes in them to allow any water that gets in to escape. Lots of bumperettes rusted out because the drain holes got clogged. I put a handful of washers in mine so that they stand off of the valence, which you can only see if you kneel down and look under the bumper sideways across the rear of the car. I did this specifically to prevent moisture build up inside the bumperettes.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
might consider putting a rubber fender washer between the valance and the underrider. the orange book doesn't show a specific bolt at that location ... but shows 8 - m8 x 20 (#5) - pretty obvious where 6 of the bolts go. there are 2 of the square lock (carriage bolts) for joining the 2 pieces together - orange book shows 3 - m6 x 15 (#6) ... easy to figure out where 2 of them go - joining the 2 bumper pieces together. the underrider screws to the bumper with a 5.6 x 19 (#15) screw and screw catch.