what this bracket on the AC system mounting plate is for?

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what this bracket on the AC system mounting plate is for?
The bracket I am referring to is the piece with the red arrows point to it
What attaches to it?
How is it attached to the main plate?
Probably looking for one, just the bracket, not the larger plate, see parts section
Thanks
plate with bracket mark up 1.jpg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
here is a photo of the main plate out of my car, it is a little different than the one in the first photo, note the 'ears' on the aft end
there are bolt holes on the aft end, in line with the attachment screw holes

DSC_2702.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
here is a photo of the main plate out of my car, it is a little different than the one in the first photo, note the 'ears' on the aft end
there are bolt holes on the aft end, in line with the attachment screw holes

View attachment 78113

To answer your question, @Simufly is correct. The two front holes of the evap box align with the bracket in your first pic. There are several iterations of the evap box bracket. Yours looks just like mine in the pics. Keep in mind that your pic is “backwards”. The front of your pic is the rear of the evap box. In your pic you can see two screw holes on the bottom of the bracket. These are the holes that accept the fasteners for the bracket in the pic above.

I wish I had more pics and details of that angled bracket also. Nobody has any pics of the console area. I have searched. :(

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is a picture of your missing bracket mounted to the underside of the evaporator box. If you look to the bottom right you can see the mounting slot for the rearmost part of the box. These connect to horizontal fasteners, and align with the tabs on the big tunnel bracket.
2283EC79-1717-490A-8853-B97F9BF88F0E.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@mark99,

I figured out why my console bracket photo is so confusing (to me). When I staged the photo I had already removed the parts. I added the evap bracket back for the picture, but stuck it in the wrong spot. I knew the angled bracket was for the radio but it’s placement made no sense. The console bracket should be here:

61EB2E2F-FF83-415D-8D7C-A70C8AC88A3B.jpeg

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is a picture of your missing bracket mounted to the underside of the evaporator box. If you look to the bottom right you can see the mounting slot for the rearmost part of the box. These connect to horizontal fasteners, and align with the tabs on the big tunnel bracket.
View attachment 78118

thanks, very helpful photo, vertical of bracket is forward of box flange

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also odd, the molded on drain tube coming out of the AC box is larger than the hole in the transmission tunnel, a hose will have to neck down

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The new drain is too big, you can enlarge the tunnel but not once the trans is in, it’s too close to the tunnel. I used a short hose inside the funnel.