What to attend at the Monterey car week

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This will be my first time at Monterey Car Week. I'll probably drive over a few days and maybe stay there one night.

1. What do you all like to attend at Car week?
2. Any events I should avoid?

- Steve

Reactions: m73

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve
So much to do. Depends on what day you go
#1 Legends on Thursday.
#2 Mecums at Hyatt. This is super casual and really fun- Its Thrusday Friday and Saturday. If you buy tickets in advance it is less expensive
#3 Go down town Carmel....Crazy cars everywhere
I have heard little car show Wed is fun but I have never been. I am going this year
Pebble beach is also crazy many high end car companies, Mercedes , Rolls Royce ect
Eat at Roys at in at Spanish bay. Lots of uber rich people and cool cars
I heard Laguna Seca is great and Festronicis
Werks is a Porche show Friday I have not gone
Lots of parties if you can get intot the inner circle
You can always call me 650-740-6101
Are you going to Ledgends?
This is a good guided. I have been several times but in no way an expert. I avoid the weekend, but lots of cool stuff on weekend. The one thing I would avoid is the car event at Canery row. Lots of people and took us over a hour to get out of the parking garage

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm driving the Bavaria down from Bellingham (1,000 miles) Monday and Tuesday (15 and 16). I'll be at Legends with the car on Thursday and probably the Historics on Saturday....maybe other events. My phone is 360.224.1428. It would be great to get together with other forum members at Legends.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tuesday, Downtown Pacific Grove Kick-Off 3-7 pm
Wednesday, Downtown Pacific Grove Little Car Show
Thursday, Pacific Grove Golf Links, Legends of the Autobahn
Friday, Laguna Seca
Saturday Laguna Seca
Sunday Pebble Beach Concours

Hang out with friends the entire time.

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am in Los Altos and anyone is welcome to stop by on way. ALSO I am staying at the Butterfly Grove inn just down the street from Legends if anyone wants to stop by for a beer or needs a place to prep.

I really like the Mecum Auction lots of cool cars and good people selling them. Going to pebble beach and getting all the free food and wine at the exhibitors booths is also a must...One year I weaseled into the BMW private event but it took my friend that spoke German overhearing BMW executives talking at the lodge at Pebble beach.

Attachments

• IMG_3093.jpg
    IMG_3093.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 51