What would YOU do?

JGB

Reaction score
About 10 months ago I totaled my 1980 635CSI Euro. I smashed the entire front end and but didn't damage the drivetrain. This is interesting because I also have a 1974 3.0 CS. The question is this: how much would you move from the '80 to the '74? The engine and transmission are already in the '74 as is the wiring harness and fuel pump.

What else can I move? What else would be an upgrade? The brakes seem possible.

Thanks,

JGB

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your e24 mishap...they are getting fewer and fewer.

If I were you I would contact Mario at Vintage Sports and Racing in Bow, New Hampshire, as he has done quite a few restorations including the e9.

http://www.vintagesportsracing.com/

He and I are researching the possibility of dropping a 3.5litre all aluminum Alusil BMW V8 in the e9 chassis so anything is possible.

The other components he might be able to direct you on better than I could.

Good luck!

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
A

What else can I move? What else would be an upgrade? The brakes seem possible.

JGB
Unless your 635 brakes were 'upgraded' to something non-stock, they are the same as the E9 brakes.

If the 635 differential is a limited slip, you could swap that. (if the 635 had a close ratio 5 speed, it will have a 3.07:1 diff and you will have to have the E9 speedometer recalibrated for it to read accurately.)

You may be able to use the 635 swaybars if they are larger than those on your E9.