Wheel arch liners

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a question, When I bought my coupe the previous owner gave me a pair of fiberglass wheel arch liners that he had bought for the car, I still havent fitted these, but since the car is on the axle stands and is all new and shiny I thought it maybe time to look at fitting, anyone out there know about / used these???

Steve

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car has some very light and flexible fibreglass liners. WHen I take them off in the next month or so I can measure them if anybody wants to make some reproductions out of sheet plastic, fibreglass of what have you.

Aussie3.0CS

Reaction score
sounds good

Hi,

if anyone has information about theese wheel liners, I would be happy to find out too, rust is my new enemy...

Cheers

Chris
Aussie 3.0CS

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My car has some very light and flexible fibreglass liners. WHen I take them off in the next month or so I can measure them if anybody wants to make some reproductions out of sheet plastic, fibreglass of what have you.

Bob,

would like a drawing (just trace the outline onto butcher's paper or something) + some pix of them please.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have seen pics of the aluminum Lokari ones, I have a set of Volvo ones not yet installed, but have not seen the fiberglass ones, so I am curious to view pics as well.

Aussie3.0CS

Reaction score
Lokari

Steve,

checked the Lokari website, they looked fairly reasonable...

does anyone have experience with them?

Cheers

Chris
Aussie3.0CS

dj_efk

Reaction score
I'm finding that my wheels are rubbing on the liners (albeit mostly very lightly) over bumps when turning (so for example when going up a curb). I'm running 17% stiffer springs with a 2" drop and 205/55/16 tyres.

Anyone else experienced this with lowered suspension setups?

Tyler

Reaction score
I've got the Lokari fender liners, 1-2" drop with 205/70/14 tires and get minor rubbing when turning right at full lock.

johanaxelson

Reaction score
I'm finding that my wheels are rubbing on the liners (albeit mostly very lightly) over bumps when turning (so for example when going up a curb). I'm running 17% stiffer springs with a 2" drop and 205/55/16 tyres.

Anyone else experienced this with lowered suspension setups?

I have, Carl has camber plates that are supposed to take care of this problem. I have ordered a pair that will be installed in a month or two. They were not very expensive.