Wheel offset questions

You can make your own front coilovers with your existing strut housings. A few members have done this. You weld on a threaded collar. I'm pretty sure that ireland engineering sells them.

You can make your own front coilovers with your existing strut housings. A few members have done this. You weld on a threaded collar. I'm pretty sure that ireland engineering sells them.

Thanks for the tip Markos. I just checked and see that they sell the front spring perch with the thread and the spring to suit. However, if I then add the welding work and powder coat etc, that may well start to get close to getting a coilover setup. Still looking for prices though. So far I just keep finding KW.

I wouldn't powdercoat. you'll never be able to thread on the spring collar.

You can probably see the next question coming... what brand is the custom coilover and from where is it available? I have only see KW doing a set for the E9. Also, that rear end looks fairly low even for CSL... is that just straight spring swap to get that height? Thank-you!

1. Yes, the rears were a straight up spring swap in my Coupe. I don't recall playing with the spring pad thickness to achieve this ride height.

2. The front were created like how Markos mentioned. Stock strut housing shortened for an aftermarket shock. Welded on a threaded collar and using an Eibach ERS spring between the perch and top hat.

1. Yes, the rears were a straight up spring swap in my Coupe. I don't recall playing with the spring pad thickness to achieve this ride height.

2. The front were created like how Markos mentioned. Stock strut housing shortened for an aftermarket shock. Welded on a threaded collar and using an Eibach ERS spring between the perch and top hat.

Thank-you for all the info now and earlier... it is great to know what the options are. I really like the stance of your car as that is roughly what I am shooting for. Thanks again!

Back