Wheeler Dealers is doing a e9 this season

tmason

Reaction score
I miss Ed! I tried to watch the show with the New Guy last night but ended up turning it off.

Robert A

Reaction score
I miss Ed! I tried to watch the show with the New Guy last night but ended up turning it off.
Ant did a series called "For the love of Cars" he always did a great job. He was more of a restoration vs. fix up guy. I do miss Ed though.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it was great decision of the producers to choose Ant to replace Edd. After all these years, it was inevitable that the original duo would split. They evolve and doing the same thing for so long gets to be tiring after a while.

But in Ant, they found someone who already had a great track record, not only in automotive work but also in television presentation. So he doesn't need to try and be "the new Edd". He is simply doing the same thing he was on his own show, except in this new environment.

Usually these split ups end up with both sides greatly weakened by it. But I think in this case, it was a pretty successful evolution. And, as Edd said in his original "I'm outta here" video, if he goes ahead with his own plans, we may very well end up with two great show instead of one.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just saw a commercial saying the Austin Healey episode is the season finale.

I hope the e9 makes it into season 2 but I imagine it will be hard to make more than a quid on the flip.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I met Mike this morning at the local Pelican Parts Cars n coffee. I asked him about the e9 episode. He told me that he did indeed buy one but he discovered that at the very least the floorboards have to be replaced. Big surprise right? Because that is going to take a long time he’s put this project aside and is concentrating on cars that are easier to do for the TV show. But he really wants to do the E9 but does not know when that will be possible.

Philippe db

Reaction score
I met Mike this morning at the local Pelican Parts Cars n coffee. I asked him about the e9 episode. He told me that he did indeed buy one but he discovered that at the very least the floorboards have to be replaced. Big surprise right? Because that is going to take a long time he’s put this project aside and is concentrating on cars that are easier to do for the TV show. But he really wants to do the E9 but does not know when that will be possible.

Hi Bo,

Anybody knowing the E9 for sure understands why they can't/won't feature that car. Any project car would easily set them back $50K without counting the purchase price . If they tackle on older restauration we will see them refurbish, carbs, brakes suspension and exhaust. We all know that that is the easy stuff.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
if it's only the floorboards ?... than it isn't that immense job ... we did it in 2 days , i prepared 1 day ( cutting away old plates and preparing weld edges ) and 1 day with the welder. Ok, still clean it , filler and paint ... so another day needed.
Rockers should be another story.... i imagine....

lloyd

Reaction score

Was Mike with a camera crew - or just free lancing?

Huntington Beach?
iur

post-15191-1445103125_thumb.jpg

antandmike.jpg
1056a9778426aa556e2a67f0ad85f7f5--wheeler-dealers.jpg

For no particular reason, here is an interesting Porsche gullwing show car that would be a welcome addition to any car get together. Bias belted tires?
tumblr_p72mj4uyrF1u0xj27o1_1280.jpg