Where can one wash their car in San Diego

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My nephew bought a cool E28 with only 40k on the clock.
His apartment does not have a place to wash his car and he wants to hand wash, not drive through a car wash.
Is there anyplace near Del Mar?
Thanks

heroszeros

Reaction score
Stan, I used to live in Del Mar, and the only close place is actually up Coast HWY in Solana Beach called Mohawk carwash. It's one of those self serve carwashes with individual bays..

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here is a suggestion Stan, tell him to get a 5 gallon pail with a lid that seals well. Then bring two extra buckets. Divide the water up . Put a little soap in bucket number 1. The next one you can use as a rinse, the third one as a final rinse. Just use three separate wash mitts and you can get the car really clean using very little water. Do this in the shade in a mall parking lot, etc. I don't have water in my shop, but make due with a 50 gallon barrel I take home whenever I need some more water. You can really make it go a long way if you have to.

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Stan, I used to live in Del Mar, and the only close place is actually up Coast HWY in Solana Beach called Mohawk carwash. It's one of those self serve carwashes with individual bays..
Yep, I second this. I'm just outside of Del Mar and have been looking at self-carwashes before and this is the only one that's nearby.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
E28

Stan,

Could you share my contact info with your nephew? We have a great e28 group in San Diego, I would like to introduce your nephew to the bunch and get him involved with some of the local events.

Thanks,
Mike

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One of the few advantages of living with our coupes on the Cold Coast. Within 10 miles of home there are three self-wash establishments. They get most traffic during our usually cold, salty winters. But last winter, with a single freak, catastrophic ice storm in late October! the salt trucks hit the roads only ONCE.
Oh, and no droughts in our future.