Where does this company find these cars ?

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beverlyhillscarclub on Ebay seems to consistently come up with large lots of the same kind of car.
Right now they have a bunch of coupes that look to be in widely varied condition. Just wondering. Barns ?
Johnny

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
They are a running joke in the SoCal community. They have a lot of scouts running around the country and probably Mexico finding these unloved 'beauties'. To be fair, I have been tempted on more than one occasion but never can quite find the courage (stupidity) to pull the trigger! Their concrete floor used in the beauty shots is the subject of much mockery here and on BaT.

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Before the pandemic I was always meaning to go by their showroom as it's only about 5 minutes from where I work (not in Beverly Hills, btw).
Wheeler Dealers bought an MGA from them-- I was a little surprised by that.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
The other day my wife Jennifer asked me "do you know this guy Alex Manos, apparently he is a claimed classic car king and the number one classic dealer in the country" . I burst out laughing and she said " I guess he is not then" :D .............. smart girl that Jennifer:D

Apparently he was on some reality show and introduced as such

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I was in contact with the PO Loni from April 2019 to December 2019. I recommended that she reach out to Alex at BHCC for a hassle free sale. She believed that the car was worth more than the e9 community agreed upon. Rey Rivera (who has owned a few coupes) was kind enough to give it a PPI. I suspect that she hung onto it with dreams of greener pastures until ultimately letting it go. She told me that she sold it to Eric (not Eric @CK). I don't know if he bought and ultimately sold to BHCC, or if he passed after further inspection. I'm sure @HB Chris and/or @OCCoupe.

Think of it this way. BHCC has likely saved move E9's than any other company. They list and sell cars internationally. Cars that your typical California E9 owner would part out if they found the car first. :)

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was in contact with the PO Loni from April 2019 to December 2019. I recommended that she reach out to Alex at BHCC for a hassle free sale. She believed that the car was worth more than the e9 community agreed upon. Rey Rivera (who has owned a few coupes) was kind enough to give it a PPI. I suspect that she hung onto it with dreams of greener pastures until ultimately letting it go. She told me that she sold it to Eric (not Eric @CK). I don't know if he bought and ultimately sold to BHCC, or if he passed after further inspection. I'm sure @HB Chris and/or @OCCoupe.

Great back story. I have to wonder if BHCC paid more or less than what the e9 community assessed the value at. I am assuming less. I have spoken to BHCC on a few occasions. They often have the details of a car they are selling incorrect. I've "debated" these facts with them, and they never care to make edits to their listings. I also generally believe that their cars are priced 2 to 3 times higher than their value. But they do end up with an awful lot of interesting cars...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
They definitely seem to deal w/a lot of restorable cars. Definitely not for the faint of heart for a lot of their inventory, but they seem to find a lot of these cars.

Not EVERY car is a POS they sell.

About 2 years ago, I was THIS CLOSE to buying a CSi from them for $12k. THey were willing to sell it for me for that and it was in a lot better condition than the one recently sold on ebay for $11k. I just didn't have the space for it at that time.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They bought a euro 3.0CS from an older lady in Laguna Beach that was a rust bucket sight unseen for $25K and they still had it a year later. Marion did well even though she couldn't believe it wasn't worth more.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
This coupe was a sad find. The woman in Santa Cruz was clearing out her father’s belongings. He was a long time BMW owner. She had stories of him giving her a 1600 when she was in high school and even back then it was primer and various shades of gray and black.

This coupe is an early euro and had no headrests from factory. At the time I saw the car the seats were in very impressive condition. Unfortunately it didn’t last long as the rats decided to make it their home.

This car was being stored under a roof cover that allowed all sorts of weather and Santa Cruz salt air to have its way with the body.

Unfortunately the exposure to weather left this coupe in a rusty state.

This is a matching numbers car and was mostly if not completely original. I was so excited to go see it and had envisioned my new and next coupe project! I can’t describe my disappointment when I finally laid my eyes on it. If the rust didn’t scare me, (it did), the decayed rat carcass in the glove box did the job. I have a phobia of rats dead or alive. It’s more of a germ/disease phobia.

The woman was all over the place on her price. She really didn’t know what she was doing or what the true value was. I recall that BHCC had offered her nearly $10,000.00 site unseen and she refused because they were going to flip it. Well a local friend bought it after I chewed him out for even thinking of buying it. He is a hoarder and already had a coupe disaster in his shipping container. Eric, if you are reading this, I am not sorry. Just calling a spade a spade. Eric bought it, got it running, not driving. After another phone call telling me about this coupe that his buddy has that he wants to sell to him and that it is a really nice car Eric finally listened to my advice and bought his buddy’s car.

Eric recently told me that he sold both projects, I didn’t realize they ended up with BHCC.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Perhaps it is time to be up to date with our tetanus shots as we visit these aging hulks. How long until hazmat full gear?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
This YouTube video was interesting. I have long viewed the cars advertised from BHCC as suspicious. But as I get older, I see that he does provide a service. There are many families that deal with the passing of a family member who happens to have a classic car. It is always difficult to move an asset quickly, when one is trying to settle an estate. For this, I think he is providing a service. Some who are younger may think he is flogging sad, rust buckets. But buyers should always beware. When you are looking for a particular car, and you have the means, to me it looks like Mr. Manos does understand the market, and harvests what he can find, and tries to find new owners. Thinking of adding a crack line in the concrete floor where I keep my cars, just for the photo op ;) Just my opinion.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused.

Are there TWO ladies who sold two different coupes to BHCC? One of them being the one currently on ebay?

Reaction score
Yep, I look at the bhcc site sometimes and have witnessed consistently crazy prices for cars that had no real potential (restoration cost would far exceed finished value) that were basically loosely assembled assortments of rusty pieces of metal. I really wonder if people buy that stuff or the cars do simply end up at the garbage tip? I am talking all sorts of cars not just E9's

Reactions: Wes

gkb

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool video, thanks for sharing. He does seem to know what he has. Some "original" cars are in good shape, others are very needy. I also agree he provides a service for estates. I am amazed at the entry level prices he charges, but hey.