Where does this company find these cars ?

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I dunno, merchants like this, for cars like ours, is why ... these days... we get to spend thousands for a fender or quarter panel or a steering wheel or a damn tool box, and why BMW NA charges 400+ bucks now for small-run crummy chinese-made grills. But hey, you can cover a months mortgage selling stuff you got at pick and pull before the green neighbors ran them outta business, right? Its all good, I suppose. We used to tell people to crush rotten hulks for a reason, and it wasn't ROI, ATMO

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to have you back @dp !!!

I think you have it backwards though. The merchants are following our lead. We create the demand and they respond accordingly. :)

I dunno, merchants like this, for cars like ours, is why ... these days... we get to spend thousands for a fender or quarter panel or a steering wheel or a damn tool box, and why BMW NA charges 400+ bucks now for small-run crummy chinese-made grills.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I understand both sides of this argument. Outfits like BHCC and GWMC in NY serve some people’s purposes but drive up the costs of owning and maintaining vintage euro cars. Knowledgeable buyers know who they’re dealing with when it comes to these ”dealers”. Buying a car sight unseen from them could be a huge mistake.

That being said I’m really intrigued by this euro 2000cs “project” at BHCC. Body/interior look good (bring a magnet) Missing some trim and other stuff definitely needs mechanical sorting.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Come to think of it, I did end up paying 3x my offer on my coupe because of an $8K comp on BHCC. It was way rustier than my car. Dang it Alex, I could have bought a nice steering wheel with that money! :D