Where does this screw belong?

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I believe this has been asked before but I cannot find the post. Please see the attached image. This is from the interior of the E3...somewhere. Problem is that the interior is completely reassembled so obviously it is not a critical component.

Thanks
Drew

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 168

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have had most of the interior of my e9 apart, and that does not look like anything in my car. It appears that the smooth shaft between the head and the threads is intended to support, guide or limit the motion of another part that glides across or past it.

61porsche

Reaction score
Iirc

fuse cover limiter fastener. Holds a small black plastic wheel that screws on a small metal bracket and guides the wire limiter so the door doesn't go too far open.

gwittman

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it but I don't remember it having sheet metal threads. I'll have to take a look. I need to get in there and replace the clock anyway.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will take a look. I know where you are talking about and it makes sense but I may have used a larger sheet metal screw on it and opened up the threads in the sheet metal...so it may just have to stay on the bench.