where is my thread ?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hello, today i posted a thread offering a freescan of a magazine article on the e9,

the thread was like this:

farum fisc.JPG

farum fasc.JPG

now the thread is nomore...

farum fosc.JPG

i wonder where is my thread, it was funny, generous, and good for other people, why has it disappear ?
who has decided to delete/remove it ?

i would appreciate this to be solved

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hid it. It made no sense and was incoherent. I asked you to clarify and you replied with more nonsense. I will unhide it.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hid it. It made no sense and was incoherent. I asked you to clarify and you replied with more nonsense. I will unhide it.

this is the attitude we can expct from a forum admin member ?
you decided what makes sense ?
you decided what was incoherent ?
who are you to ask to clarify ?
when you do not understand something ? you do not understand, it is you, let others understand
it was not offensive, it was not inadequate, it was a free offer,
... you do not understand, you hid it, maybe you are not the right person for the job

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay, slow down a little bit. I sent you a PM explaining things but since you made this public here's the deal. The Administrators of this site deal with HUNDREDS of spam accounts trying to gain access to this forum each week. It never stops. Occasionally a spam thread is started and we have to act as fast as we can, sometimes making decisions on very little to go on. It doesn't sit well with those of us volunteering our time to try to keep this site clean when something like this happens and immediately get "thrown under the bus". Google it if you don't understand the term. Looks like we weren't the only ones confused with the post either.

Take a step back and think things through...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@deQuincey,

Reread your initial message and ask yourself if that looks like a normal post from @deQuincey. Make note of spelling, gramar, and capitalization. I recognize that english is not your native language, but your typical posts look nothing like this. Next ask yourself if the follow-up response to my inquiry addressed any of the concerns that I raised - or was it even more obscure than the first.

I'll restate the comment that I sent to you via PM since you insist on public outcry. I invite anyone who wishes that I don't move threads around or delete double-posts to make a recommendation on next steps.

I'm not going to apologize Jesus. I did nothing wrong. You may feel wronged but the fact is that you were not. If you wish to take this up with Dan personally, perhaps he can strip me of moderator capabilities. I don't typically moderate content. I do delete double posts and move threads to the appropriate subforum. Just the other day a member texted me and asked me to move a thread for him. I do this work voluntarily to help Dan. It provides no benefit to me and there will be no sense of loss or hurt feelings if I lose the ability to volunteer. Good day!

WannaCry is a ransomware worm that spread rapidly through across a number of computer networks in May of 2017. After infecting a Windows computers, it encrypts files on the PC's hard drive, making them impossible for users to access, then demands a ransom payment in bitcoin in order to decrypt them.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
The internet can be a toxic environment with spammers, robots and various other ne'er do wells. Let's not let them ruin what is one of the best fora I have been on - largely due to the efforts of both the moderators and exceptional contributors like deQ, Don etc.

I have to admit that I would be in doubt about that post, seemingly from deQ, when normally his grammar and clarity of meaning are excellent.

Then again, maybe I don't understand what is happening here.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sorry, but the admins have to kill that, DQ. I gulped hard when I saw it fearing alarms would sound and my IT admin would rightfully give me a cursing or worse—block the forum from the system. Buddy at a large firm got hit 2 yrs ago. R-ware is bad juju & can do very bad stuff to firms & people, so even the smell warrants officiousness. Thanks to admins for diligence. And thanks to DQ for all his valuable contributions.

Rek

Reaction score
Given that DQ seems to have a greater mastery of English than me, an Englishman, I very much doubt that this is him posting originally or responding to Markos or the moderators. If anyone has a personal email address, then perhaps they might get in touch and confirm this, or not.

Bwana

Reaction score
Has anyone emailed him yet? I have his address but don't want to inundate him if we all sent a message

Wladek

Reaction score
That post showed me, that we probably should be respectful for each other even more! I think, no one here want to be community of wolves and sheep's, like average (low level) forum, where most of users try show all the time to others & new, less knowledgeable members: "look, my dick is longer than your's, shame on you...".

I know a lot of examples of forums, where posts where deleted with ugly comments by admins, just because of incorrectly inserted dots or commas.
I think partially both of you where right @Markos & @deQuincey , don't want to be judge.