.....where they all come from.

D-jetronic

Reaction score
Hello !

..images from E9 assembly lines are not that common !
I found this one in a book, and I just wanted to share it with you !
best to all E9 enthusiasts .

D-jetronic

Reaction score
Hello !

..images from E9 assembly lines are not that common !
I found this one in a book, and I just wanted to share it with you !
best to all E9 enthusiasts .

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow!!! Very impressive photo! About 25 virgin rust free coupes under one roof. Wonder how many of these pictured coupes are still on the road today? The Inka car looks like a CSL.

Thanks for sharing the pic Chris!

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow!!! Very impressive photo! About 25 virgin rust free coupes under one roof. Wonder how many of these pictured coupes are still on the road today? The Inka car looks like a CSL.

Thanks for sharing the pic Chris!

pmansson

Reaction score
Very cool. Judging by the wheels, steering wheels, lack of neckrests, fender and bonnet grilles, the picture ought to be from 1971-1972.
Interesting that the Inka CSL has a black centre grill/kidney.
The one on the lift looks like Colorado.
The near right blue car is very attractive. Nachtblau met. probably, or Baikal perhaps....

pmansson

Reaction score
Very cool. Judging by the wheels, steering wheels, lack of neckrests, fender and bonnet grilles, the picture ought to be from 1971-1972.
Interesting that the Inka CSL has a black centre grill/kidney.
The one on the lift looks like Colorado.
The near right blue car is very attractive. Nachtblau met. probably, or Baikal perhaps....

jmackro

Reaction score
I assume that this photo was taken at the BMW plant, and not at Karman. Yet, it is interesting that only E9's are visible in the shot - no Bavarias - so BMW must have dedicated a facility soley to the coupes.

Any information on where and when the photo was taken? Judging from the bumpers and other clues, it appears to be early in the coupe's lifespan.

Also, they all look like European delivery vehicles - none have side lights, and the door mirrors are all mounted far forward.

jmackro

Reaction score
I assume that this photo was taken at the BMW plant, and not at Karman. Yet, it is interesting that only E9's are visible in the shot - no Bavarias - so BMW must have dedicated a facility soley to the coupes.

Any information on where and when the photo was taken? Judging from the bumpers and other clues, it appears to be early in the coupe's lifespan.

Also, they all look like European delivery vehicles - none have side lights, and the door mirrors are all mounted far forward.

shanon

Reaction score
Too cool!

I'd wager that it's 71-73 also, a Euro production run from the said clues. (3.0 badge, mirrors, and rear euro tail lite)

This should be archived in the Gallery's Documentation section.

Good fun and thanx for sharing.

-shanon

shanon

Reaction score
Too cool!

I'd wager that it's 71-73 also, a Euro production run from the said clues. (3.0 badge, mirrors, and rear euro tail lite)

This should be archived in the Gallery's Documentation section.

Good fun and thanx for sharing.

-shanon