Where to find replacement D-Jet for my 72?

wab_jr

Site Donor
Reaction score
Attempting to bring my 72csi out of a 24 year slumber. Massaging our way through but have come to the conclusion ( after exhausting all the basics) that the board is toast. There was a rumor that an earlier owner had try to jump start but reversed the cables and she never cooperated again. She hums right along until the cold start injector shuts off.
Thanks
Billy
([email protected])

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The ECU is pretty robust. I had a bad Manifold Atmospheric Pressure Sensor. It works in conjunction with the ECU to make the the injectors open and close based on barometric pressure.

If the MAP sensor is bad the car won’t run well if at all. They are rebuildable. Saw one on ebay for $900. Rebuild is around $3-400.

Last edited:

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score

wab_jr

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here's the ECU & MAP sensor rebuilder:

And the other terrific resource for D-Jet info:

Thank you.
One step closer!

Simufly

Reaction score
I have recently sold my e9 and am selling of my stash of NOS dJet part
At the moment I have
6x new injectors
1x new MAP
1x cold start valve
There are other parts awaiting listing
PM if intrested

Bwana

Reaction score
I just spoke with FI Corp, they no longer work on D-Jet ECU's :mad: My car had been running flawlessly for several years now (faster than Andrews :cool:) but it quit the other day when I went over a bridge seam. I may have a bad wiring harness as I know there is a section that had degrading wire insulation, it may have finally given up. So instead of trying to pull the whole harness including the manifolds, I was going to just send in the ECU and see if it was fried.

Who works on D-Jet ECU's now?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Bwana it could be as simple as a the fuel pump relay lost ground or it is faulty. The ECU is pretty robust I haven't known one that has failed yet.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Programa repairs

Ecu units rarely fail.

I have d-jet wiring harnesses rebuilt

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The e9 forum has a D-jet loaner library - did you want to borrow an ecu to see if yours is not functioning?

Bwana

Reaction score
Sorry, I described it wrong. I know my wiring harness has some bad insulation deep down in the middle of it, I saw the cracked insulation when I last installed it but didn't take care of it because of other constraints at the time. The car has run fine for several years now, including a run to 2016 Monterey. I'm thinking the insulation finally failed when I crossed the freeway bridge and shorted something out in the ECU, I had something similar in an old Saab 900 I had. I was just going to have the ECU checked as a troubleshooting method rather than tear into the harness. I have a complete, spare rebuilt ECU from FI Corp (I may actually have two) but don't want to install it and fry that one too. Ignition wiring (123 dizzy) is all tight as well as the fuel pump wiring. I forgot to check for pump noise before I took out the ECU. I'll stick it back in and check that too.

But to my point, who besides FI Corp rebuilds D-Jet parts these days?

PM Don

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FIC Re-builds manifold pressure sensors
Fellow in Netherlands rebuilds TPS
We make Csi (D-jet) harnesses
Walloth sells distributor parts
You have spare ecu units