Where to get bumpers re-chromed

Especially for items as large as bumpers, I like to use a shop within driving distance. I can recommend a shop in Orange County, CA, but certainly not in New Hampshire or Massachusetts.

My advice would be to edit your post to explicitly state that you are looking for a shop near your location, type "chrome plating shops New Hampshire, Massachusetts into Google, ask around. Someone will have some recommendations closer than Utah!

Be prepared to drain you bank account.
 
Especially for items as large as bumpers, I like to use a shop within driving distance. I can recommend a shop in Orange County, CA, but certainly not in New Hampshire or Massachusetts.

My advice would be to edit your post to explicitly state that you are looking for a shop near your location, type "chrome plating shops New Hampshire, Massachusetts into Google, ask around. Someone will have some recommendations closer than Utah!

Be prepared to drain you bank account.
I did find some locally, but I had no form of reference.

I expect shipping will be the least of the issues. Ha

Thanks, though!
 
The California ban on Hexavalent Chrome goes into effect Jan. 1st, 2027 so the lead times, and likely the prices, of out of CA state chrome shops are about to increase.

After +40yrs. in business, Sherm’s chrome stopped taking orders as of this past week. They are closing their doors at the end of the year.

Trivalent chrome will still be permitted in CA, but it’s not worth it quality-wise for vintage cars.
 
The California ban on Hexavalent Chrome goes into effect Jan. 1st, 2027 so the lead times, and likely the prices, of out of CA state chrome shops are about to increase. After +40yrs. in business, Sherm’s chrome stopped taking orders as of this past week. They are closing their doors at the end of the year.
Oh jeez. I have used Sherms for smaller parts for years and have been pleased with their service. I suspect that local polishers will begin sending our parts back and forth to Mexico.
 
Back
Top