Which color blue is this?

E9Eric

Reaction score
We are currently restoring an E9 CSi, original delivered in Fjord Blue

This color can also look a bit pale. The chrome parts also contrast less well with this color.

I've been thinking about a different color, Baikal, Nachtblau or Atlantik. Does anybody know what the color is or this car ?:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
have to agree with Andrew + Steve ... looks like the color of Gary's car. pretty color.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It's close but I don't see the metallic that Avus has.
Avus has 30% pearl in it.
This looks like Nachtblau to me.

I agree that it doesn’t look exactly like Avus, but I don’t think it is dark bright for Nachtblau. I’ve never seen shiny nachtblau in person. Only tired and oxidized. That’s my social circle though...

Honolulu

Reaction score
Fjord Blue is beautiful if done correctly, it has a hint of lavender in it that can be lacking depending on the color formulation. But any of the dark blues is great against all the chrome a CS has. You did know that "CS" stands for Chrome Sport, didn't you?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's close but I don't see the metallic that Avus has.
Avus has 30% pearl in it.
This looks like Nachtblau to me.
seems to have a little more red in the blue than yours ... i just set your avatar next to it ... looks slightly different.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
seems to have a little more red in the blue than yours ... i just set your avatar next to it ... looks slightly different.
Remember there are many factors in play when it comes to color on a computer. My monitor is calibrated because of the photography I do but still even the lighting in the location the photo was shot and also the camera and photographer that shot it.
Pretty hard to discern any minor color differences.
Even my avatar seems lighter that what the car really is.

E9Eric

Reaction score
" You did know that "CS" stands for Chrome Sport, didn't you?"

No this is really new for me, I keep it Fjord, if the paint is 100% correct it's a beautiful color :)