white 1975 CSI project CT $12.5k

xing6666

Reaction score
http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/4625073139.html

Previously discussed here as "barn find"
Will be interesting to see if there is some momentum for such project cars
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15055&page=3

Feel free to tell me I'm off base here, but I feel like in this day and age there is really no excuse for photos of the level of quality in this listing. My Motorola Razr took better pictures than this and that was like 10 years ago. A $20 digital camera at Wal-Mart - or a disposable camera for that matter - could do better than this.

Sorry, just ranting... lol

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cool parts. Wolfrace wheels. Charming car in it's own right.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
Csi in ct

Hello, I got to be the first to see this beauty. And as far as a project goes, the car is extremely complete. It isn't missing a single part from what I can tell. The inside is in very good condition for what it is. The floors, trunk, rockers and towers all seem to be in tact. Quite good in fact. Originally that green taiga color, with black inside leather. Rear power windows and a manual sunroof (which work) . Doors shut and open nice. I don't need another project, but I bought it anyway. Motor seems to be locked up. Slight chance of a locked starter because the ignition is definitely funny and could have fried the starter at One time. The process begins. All trim is decent or better, rubber weather strips are good, bumpers are excellent. There is some body rot on fender top and lower door etc. fred

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the group!
Bring it back to its Taiga glory!
Where ares you located?
Please register the coupe at the CS Registry (black bar above)
Stan

[email protected]

Reaction score
Csi project

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement. My car is already on the forum by previous owner. Vin # 4341294. So that's the coupe. Now if that engine frees up I'm good to go. Fred

tmason

Reaction score
Congrads and hope it is the starter.Post more pictures when you get a chance.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Well, I have been away from the car for a week on vacation. I have the cylinders soaking in penetrating oil. If its still stuck when I get back. I will try to free it up by splicing the heater hoses into a running car. In hopes that the hot water from the running car will heat the frozen piston ring enough to budge it with a breaker bar. Fingers crossed. Pics when I am back at Internet. Fred.